Summer Meme: Sing Along / Seven Songs
I promised I would break out of this podcast/radio blog shell and do something more with this blog. Guess I got a kick in my complacency – a meme I just could not pass up.
Tagged by jbrotherlove:
“List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.”
Both old school and new school enter into this meme, since they’re always in rotation. Here we go….
7. An Act Of Love – Rockie Robbins. First time I heard this song was 4 days ago. It’s my "clap yo hands" song.
6. With You – Atjazz feat. Dawne B & Hernandez. I call this my mojito song. Prompted me to get Full Circle. [Traxsource]
5. Waiting For Your Love – Onda. Yeah. If I were to dance, which I don’t (for fear of someone thinking I had spasms), I would definitely be grooving to this track. Mellow house. [Traxsource]
4. Yeah You – N.E.R.D. The album Seeing Sounds is growing on me. Played this song about 5 times today. Must be the horn section. And backgrounds. And percussion. And, well…everything. [Amazon]
3. I Love Every Little Thing About You – Stevie Wonder. Arguably the best track from Music Of My Mind. [Amazon]
2. Tight Fit – Chaka Khan. Not quite sure why this was on my mind. Oh yeah, I do. Her sister, Taka Boom, was also on this cut. Love the arrangements. From Destiny. [Amazon]
1. What’s On Your Mind – Jimmy Abney. Return to Forever is one solid album and perfect for my mellow, downtempo vibe. [Dusty Groove America]
Tag, you’re it….