You know, I promised I’d do this in my 101/1001 (which is now updated – I’ve made pretty good progress).
I originally stopped at 20 and thought I was being a wimp. But then, I started
catchin’ up on some blogs and lo and behold, Humanity
Critic had done his too. He was the inspiration to push on, so I’m gonna drop
it- 25 at a time.
Things About EJ,
1. I was born on Long Island, New York, in the town of
Westbury, where I
spent the first 8 years of my life. Think about it: New York in the 60s
You know it was goin’ on, right?
2. Way back in the day, I can remember listening to a lot of soul
especially when my mom was giving parties in the living room and I was
supposedly asleep in my room. That’s why these Old
are so good to do.
3. E and J are indeed my first and middle initials, but I’m sure you
guessed that already. It’s not too hard to figure out what they are,
I’ll even tell you if you feed me. See number 14.
4. Yeah, Flavors is my last name. Surprised? Don’t be. It was
Stockholm back in
the 1800s. EJ Stockholm
doesn’t sound nearly as good as EJ Flavors.
5. For all intents and purposes, I am a full-on nerd. Believe
6. I wear contacts and very rarely wear my glasses…. like once a
gotten so used to not wearing them, but if you check out any of my pics
childhood, all you see are me with thick, thick glasses. If you ask
nicely, I’ll wear my glasses and take a picture.
7. It’s common knowledge that most nerds wear glasses. It’s also
considered that all nerds are freaks. Should I be wearing my glasses
8. I’m considered short
vertically challenged. I used to not like the idea of being
but the older I get, the more I like it.
9. We moved from Westbury to Atlanta when I was 9. I don’t mind telling
hated Atlanta back in the day. Moving from Westbury to the south back
in the day
way a culture shock. C’mon now…. from proper English to “hey y’all?”
can understand why I hated Atlanta so much.
10. I’m more partial to mellow to mid-tempo music, truth be told. It’s
I don’t like music that’s uptempo, but if you want to get my attention,
some music with real instruments, great melodies, good rhymes, and
I’ll go into more detail about that later.
11. I absolutely love science fiction. You could disturb me when I’m
sci-fi, but if I’m cranky after you do it, don’t be
12. I don’t lie well. Don’t try to use me as a collaborator or as a
deception. We’d be found out quickly and go to jail in a
13. I like the idea of cooking. Note that it doesn’t mean I actually
like to cook. If I
told you something like that, it
would definitely be a lie.
14. I do like the idea of eating though. If you put Italian food in
front of me,
particularly anything with alfredo sauce, I’ll tell you everything you
know. I’ll feel guilty – after I’m done eating.
15. I have two sisters who don’t mind me telling you their names- Linda
Nicole. I am indeed the middle child.
16. I’m an uncle. I have three nephews. They’re mad cool.
17. I’m even a granduncle. Everytime I say that, I think
Geritol. Luckily my nephews don’t say that word. My sisters do,
though. That’s cause they’re evil.
18. All of my relatives that I’ve talked to say I was the spoiled kid. I was the
only boy and I got the most toys. Obviously, now I’m not the only boy (around
the house I mean), but I still try to purchase the most toys I can possibly get
and still have money left. Doesn’t always work that way though. You know the
19. I work as a technical architect. I can fit in anywhere on the software side
of the computer spectrum. It pays to be a nerd in the workforce.
20. I automatically wake up every day around 5 am. I love waking up
early in the morning. It’s my natural wake-up call, and happens even when I stay
up until 1 am. Anytime after that, all bets are off.
21. If I decide that I don’t feel like waking up, Anna, our beagle, does it
anyway. Like clockwork, so she can be fed and then be taken out- then she goes
right back to sleep. She’s obviously the woman of the house.
22. I have enough fashion sense to not be apprehended by The Fashion Police. I intentionally ignore them. Good clothes
to wear everyday in my opinion consist of sweatpants, a t-shirt, and tennis
23. My favorite color is indigo. Now, don’t get it twisted…it’s the natural
color between blue and purple on the rainbow. I chose it when I was a kid
because it was a cool color, natural color. No one talks about it that
much, but when I tell people, they look at me with wary eyes. It’s to be
24. When I was growing up, I’d read one book a week and was good friends with
the librarian (that can be taken so many ways, can’t it?) Now you can’t catch me
near a book these days. I’ll read a novel from a computer before I read it from
25. When I was in high school, I was in band. I played percussion, specifically
bass drum. In fact, I was the shortest, smallest, bass drum player ever
known to man. You should have seen me march with it. On second thought, maybe
it’s a good thing you didn’t.