OSW: Summer Cooldown

It’s hot and muggy outside. Why don’t we take out drinks, and cool out after
the sun sets?

Old
School Wednesday: Summertime Cooldown.

01 – DeBarge – Stay With Me. I was actually thinking
about Notorious B.I.G. and thought I would dig in the crates for the song he sampled
from.
02 – Daryl Hall & John Oates – One on One.
Blue eyed soul at it’s
finest.
03 – The Chi-Lites – Give It Away.
I was thinking Swing Out Sister’s
influences when I pulled this out the crate.
04 – Switch – Don’t Take My Love Away.
Nikki
mentioned that this was one of her favorite B-sides from them, so I pulled it
out.
05 – Stevie Wonder – Rocket Love.
I could have done an entire radio blog
of Stevie’s cooldown tracks to represent this summer.
06 – Michael Jackson – It’s The Falling In Love.
Remember this cut from
Off The Wall?
07 – Alexander O’neal – Look At Us Now.
From his debut abum.
08 – Michael Cooper – Dinner for Two.
From Love Is Such A Funny Game.
09 – Kashif – Help Yourself To My Love.

10 – Lionel Richie – Love Will Find a Way.
From Can’t Slow Down.
11 – Gwen Guthrie – (They Long To Be) Close To You.
A great cover of
a hit by The Carpenters.
12 – Soul II Soul – Missing You.
Kym Mazell lights up this track.
13 – Colonel Abrams – Table For Two.
He was known mostly for his house
tracks, but this mellow cut was overlooked.
14 – Pebbles – Baby Love.
From her debut album.
15 – Portrait – You.

Enjoy.

19 comments on “OSW: Summer Cooldown

1. ceecee says:

hey ej …. I stopped by to say a quick hello and get a quick listen. great mix as always 🙂

2. Nikki says:

EJ, you get a kiss on the cheek for pulling that Switch song for me!

3. Fave says:

This is why you’re the man…no one does it better?

4. Todd Kelley says:

F*** Hall!! It’s all about The Oates, b!tches!!!
    The Switch track has me reminiscing about my Jheri Curl mullet… hmm…
    Isn’t it illegal to have Colonel Abrams and Michael Cooper in the same arby!!!
    You’re in trouble Mr!!!
    Classic Material Mayne!!

5. djdiva says:

“A female Shakespeare of your time
    With looks to blow Picasso’s mind”-Rocket Love
    If ever I wanted to live up to those words LOL
    Thanks man…this was def coooool…

6. djdiva says:

ok I said that before I hit play…now I have to go get the speakers off the desktop for the laptop!!!
    EJ Let’s get up on a list….

7. Xquizzyt1 says:

I wanna do oooooooooooooooooooooone!!!! =)) This one is hot as shit!! =) *swaying with lit cigarette lighter*

8. Xquizzyt1 says:

Okay, I know you ask, “Why doesn’t this bitch LISTEN to the whole radioblog or at least READ all the tracks before she comments???” LOL Ummm… that’s no fun!!! LOL First off, I LOVE Rocket Love… one of my favorites by Stevie. LOVE HIM!!! And the Off the Wall album was the greatest MJ album of all time. Oh and the Michael Cooper cut is cool… but I looooooooooooved “Over and Over.” OMG.. that song… *rifling through boxes to find old cassingles*

9. Xquizzyt1 says:

Okay, you know it’s just not right if I don’t comment at LEAST three times. But I love you EJ!!! LOL Umm… is that Missing You? *slapping EJ across both cheeks with wet leather glove while singing and swaying and remembering… * Wow. Wow… “that’s the way, I’m missing you boy…” STOP PLAYING!!! LOL
    Umm… and don’t tell anyone but “Love Will Find a Way” that was my SHIT!!! And I HATED all things Lionel Richie that were not Commodore-related. But THAT song was my shit.
    Okay, I’m done. *kicking EJ one last time for putting damn “missing you” on here and making me melancholy*

10. Keish says:

Wow. I haven’t heard some of these songs in years…Rocket Love makes my heart skipppp…yikessssss!! I’ll always love Off The Wall…one of my all time favorites…

11. Cheryl says:

Stopping in for some new sounds EJ! ‘It’s the Falling in Love’ is my pick for the day!

12. Those are great selections..

13. Now THIS is the $#!+

14. **RPM** says:

Portrait. You do this to me every…damned week.

15. gwen says:

It is cruel of you to put this up when my favorite snugglee is still at work 😛

16. godizus says:

Ahhhh…just what i needed to hear, great playlist EJ.

17. QueenT says:

What was that you said? Stevie Wonder blog coming up? That would just be outstanding…lol

18. danyel says:

burn it. burn it and give it away free to all who pass by,

19. ceecee says: