OSW: springtime freshness, volume i

You all know what time it is. And please, don’t sleep. Spring is here. I’ll
bet you haven’t heard these in a while, have you?

Old
School Wednesday: Springtime Freshness, Volume I.

From the lesser played cuts:
01 – The Jets – I Do You.
02 – Paula Abdul – My Foolish Heart.
03 – Whitney Houston – Thinking About You.

To the jams:
04 – Gwen Guthrie – Padlock.
05 – The Mary Jane Girls – In My House.
06 – Eurythmics – Who’s That Girl?
07 – Taja Sevelle – Love Is Contagious.
08 – The Brothers Johnson – Strawberry Letter 23.
09 – DeBarge – I Like It.

To the slow cuts:
10 – GQ – I Do Love You.
11 – Heatwave – Mind Blowing Decisions.
12 – Tony! Toni! Tone! – Slow Wine.
13 – Alexander O’Neal – The Morning After.

The tracks from Paula Abdul (produced by Peter Lord and V. Jeffrey Smith from
The Family Stand) and Alexander O’Neal were never released. Whitney’s track
was produced and sung with Kashif.

Enjoy it, y’all. Xquizzyt1
has one for next week, and it’s gonna make you groove. Watch for it.

16 comments on “OSW: springtime freshness, volume i

1. Timi says:

Dude…your old school wednesday joints are always bangin. When I saw, “I Like It” by DeBarge, I almost pulled out the karaoke machine. lol

2. todd kelley says:

Aw Lawd.. The man has done it again
    Heatwave!!!! Yes!!! And of course, you could forget Alex!
    Man, you bring the 20th century heat!
    Bravo!!!

3. The goddess that is/was Taja Sevelle! You’re my hero. Stellar work as always.

4. Carla says:

*listening* to Strawberry Letter 23! I LUV IT!!

5. Nikki says:

My parents used to always rock Heatwave’s Mind Blowing Decisions at their house parties.

6. Lissa says:

Oooh, I always loved GQ’s “I Do Love You”… And now that I’m older, I have much more appreciation for slower hits like Tony! Toni! Tone!’s “Slow Wine” than I did when I was a kid and my parents playing them on repeat seemingly ad infinitum.
    Very nice mix, EJ!

7. KB says:

Today is the first day I’ve been able to wear a short sleeve shirt to work. Between the lovely weather and last tierce of this arby it’s getting me in that spring summer feeling.
    And for some reason I have that A.O’Neil track!

8. jazz says:

hey mr ej the dj,
    i gotta request. may i please get you to add “I Promise I Do Love You!” by DREAMBOY? Please? I’ll be your best friend?

9. valencia says:

Again with the Alexander O’Neal! I’ve never heard this one. Thank you soooo much!

10. Cheryl says:

Sorry I took so long to pass by. I started a new job…
    BUT OMG! Mind Blowing Decisions by Heatwave?! I am GROOVIN’ here! Yeah…I can’t believe you had this cut. I adore Heatwave!
    ‘…mind blowing decisions causes head on collitions…must decide where to go…is she mine I want to knoooow’ yeah, still groovin with speakers blastin! OMG!!! SLOW WINE with the perfect mix! Oh let me get my wine and just stay here and chill for awhile…THANKS EJ, what away to unwind after work!!

11. honey says:

Sure, throw it in my face by playing that Taja Sevelle “Love Is Contagious”. That was my song, I could have sang that song better…uhhh well, I could have sang that song. I might have even became famous and been Prince’s one true love and ohhh the agony, hehehe. You know how much I love that song, thank you bunches for including it, I’m in EJ heaven 😉

12. Moe says:

Man… that helped get me back to love… thanks

13. Fresh says:

Bros. Johnson….u da man, E!

14. ray (or rfiel40039) :) says:

wwwwwoooowwwwww
    great selection homie
    I havent seen ya in a long time, just coming through to say hello, 🙂
    And where would I purchase my copy of this hot mix…I need some Debarge in my life, 🙂

15. Great choices, I’m digging it.

16. Sway says:

Came via Fave’s place. I am LOVING the radioblog. I’m straight jammin up in here. lol. I’ll definitely be back!

Comments are closed.