b12: look ma! no brakes!
Monday, January 10, 2005
- This weekend I spent time working on my 101/1001. I
even managed to come up with one website to keep all of the information.
Check here on the right hand side periodically, or check on the website.
- 43 things looks
like it could be interesting as well. Since Hashim has mentioned it, I may
partake in it. Doesn’t seem too different from 101/1001.
- While I managed to get un-nominated for the BoB awards for best music blog,
they gave me props
for being a great music blog, and for that I’m grateful. They really are
good people, and thanks for the nominations everyone.
- Speaking of music blogs, I may very well stop posting
to this blog. Most of my musical tastes are here on this blog, so we’ll
just call it the one-stop-shop for things on my mind. It’s easier that way.
- While there’s not a lot of free time in my life, I do the workout thang. I even
blog about that too now. The domain name? It’s a combination of a nickname
given to me by Ronn Taylor
+ [dot] ejflavors [dot] com. Anyone want to take any guesses?
- Is it okay to be a little dissapointed with Alias?
I wasn’t as thrilled with it as I wanted to be. Did I miss something?
- I may have been a little dissapointed with Alias but 24
rocked the big one. In fact, I’m watching it right now after just getting
home from the gym not 3 hours ago. Wanna know what happened?
- While I’m at work today, I check my email on my cellular phone (yeah, I
know, after being almost a week late), and I have a three people that I need
to call, so I write the numbers down, preparing to call them after my workout.
My brakes sound strange, but I think nothing of it.
- I lost a USB connector to my iPod so I head to a Circuit City after the
workout. I don’t think much about the car going down a hill and not stopping
like it’s supposed to.
- I get ready to call two
people (and if possible, the
third one also) on the way
home, and all of a sudden I realize that my brake light is on and that I
cant stop my vehicle! WTF! i run up on the curb and the brake light goes
off, so I get onto the highway to take it back home with the hazard lights
- …only to get off at my exit and not be able to stop without putting the
emergency brakes. I can’t even turn into the subdivision, and manage to just
barely coast past and have to let Prime
know what’s up and to come pick me up.
- Today’s lesson learned? Anything electronic, or having a motor, when touched
by me, will cease to work after a period of time. Computers, iPaqs and now
cars. Geeze. I’ll be studying this
for the evening. And for the ones I was planning on calling tonight, don’t hate me. I’m sure you didn’t wanna hear me scream if I hit something.