cecily visits

cecily visits

It’s all about meeting the cool people here. Cecily is
no exception. No shyness there, and completely down to earth. We genuinely
glad to see her, and the meeting was too short.

While sitting at Starbucks around the corner here, we talked about the blogging
universe, being in school and dealing with daily life, life without being with
R., and being in the South versus being in Vancouver where multiple ethicities
run
rampant
along the masses. The meeting was far too short, and I’m sure we’ll be meeting
again.

20 comments on “cecily visits

1. Meeting C. was so dope. And easy like Sunday morning. A beautiful spirit.

2. Anitra says:

Everybody lookin’ all good and errythang. 🙂 I’m glad you all had a wonderful time.

3. kevinrscott says:

ej, you look so adorable in this pic.

4. Cecily says:

So about that dinner invitation again… *smacks lips*

5. Cecily says:

Oh and J – you’re not slick. I’m mad about getting out of there without a goodbye hug. You owe me, brother!

6. My sincere apologies. But trust – I’ll make it up at dinner!

7. Zenitra Gee says:

As some of you have observed, I have been surfing your blogs, making a few comments here and there, getting to know you from the outside looking in, through your public sharing. It warms my heart to see that the camaraderie that you have online extends genuinely offline.
    Cecily, continue to enjoy your stay in Atlanta and I wish you all a joyous Christmas, continued good health, and an abundance of love and prosperity in the New Year!
    As for my blog? Said in my best Jamaican accent . . . “Soon Come Mon”! (smile)(and no I am not Jamaican, I just visit the island a lot)

8. Lashundra says:

spending some time with good company is a good feeling, hopefully i’ll get to me some of my bloggers whose journals i read.

9. ronn says:

Great pic! And I’m envious. I already met ej, but can’t wait to meet the other gentlemen of the DIC, and especially my blogmother, C.
    Wishing you all a Happy Holiday Season.

10. lynne says:

Aight, so did anyone convince C that she must come to the family outing. I too love that we are all getting to meet one another in real life, and find that we do like one another. Who said that the web can’t build real relationships and community.
    And C. did those crazy boys have you laughing? They always have me in stitches.
    Yo, Ronn, I’m with you. If I never met George or Cecily, this would all be so wild to me. For w/out them, I don’t think my blog would exist. They kept me going back in ’01 when I didn’t really know what the hell I was doing. They were encouraging always.
    Anyway, I think it’s time we get formalized with that family reunion. Too many of us are actually meeting one another out there, but not all of us are meeting one another.

11. Cecily says:

Lynne, I’m convinced, but my wallet isn’t. Also, the timing for the family reunion isn’t the best: it’s right at the end of the school year for me, so even if I had the $$, I couldn’t take the time off.

12. PatCH says:

Lovely pic. Lovely smiles. Lovely. 🙂

13. George says:

Y’all look gorgeous.

14. nOva says:

How the hell you get J. in that picture?

15. lynne says:

Word. Now that I think about it, how you get J in that picture. I got him in pics, but if I remember correctly he asked that I not post them. And from the same meeting he only posted pics that he wasn’t in.
    BTW, if I don’t speak to you guys, Happy Anniversary. We first met last New Year’s eve into the New Year. I can’t believe a year has passed us by already.
    Cecily – understood. Hopefully I get to meet you one day.

16. PatCH says:

…and a merry Christmas to you two, EJ!

17. James says:

Very beautiful photo!!!

18. I’m trying to overcome my “don’t take/post pics of me” phobia. It’s starting to come off as arrogance and that’s not my intent. Just don’t expect any brotherlove photo collages any time soon.

19. Bernie says:

And all this time j I thought that guy on your blog was you. LOL

20. kevinrscott says:

Happy New Year my lil package of FLAVOR aide. (that’s ghetto Kool-Aide in case you too bougie to know what that is)

Comments are closed.