i be me
Can’t let you in, no I can’t let you in,
Cause nightime’s on my own…
– Nightimes, Santessa, ‘Delirium’
I am so out of my mind. I have been in and out of sleep (mostly in), and rediscovering love (which is always a journey). Because of this, I’ve missed Lynne’s reflections on love, and monique’s reflections on…well, everything.
I’m also running out of money, but running into Amerie and Maysa.
In reading some of the postings about….well, posting, I’ve done a lot of thinking. Here are a couple of thoughts.
1) I think a lot, but I don’t write fast enough to fully express them. If I could write my thoughts down faster, the better I would feel about expressing myself. I’m getting there but I have a long way to go.
2) I love birthdays. Therefore, I give gifts, particularly when I see a wish list. That doesn’t necessarily mean that I need a gift myself… a happy birthday will do.
3) I’m more out in the open about who I am. Being more specific, I don’t hide who I am. There has been so much that has gone on with me in the more recent past, that it’s caused me to be more open, to constantly strive to improve myself. It’s also made me push past the part of me that feels abandoned and to move forward into the future instead of always looking backward into the past.
4) I’m a listener. I may not say much, but I hear, absorb, and reflect. It’s important to have self-visualizations and self-realizations, but I find it enlightening to see other people’s opinions and be exposed to other realities in this world.
5) I read posts because I enjoy them. I like different perspectives on what people have to say. I may not comment on them because I’m constantly learning, but I’m reading. Yes, I’m reading.
In short, I love life. I love love. I love me.
Why am I saying this? Because sometimes in my life, I find it important to make a statement. It doesn’t have to be enlightening, it doesn’t have to be thought provoking, it doesn’t have to be the funniest thing out there.
But it does have to be me.
Back to it, y’all.