4 truths, 1 lie
Baby you send me high, like a butterfly
Flying through the trees….
– Like A Butterfly (You Send Me), Masters At Work f/ Patti Austin, ‘Our Time Is Coming’
Okay, everyone’s falling for it.
One potato, two potato, three potato, four.
4 truths, 1 lie…
1. I shared a joint with my sister.
2. Sex with a woman always resulted in a climax.
3. I slept with Too $hort.
4. I was arrested at the airport and taken to the police station for the purchase of airline tickets.
5. I once had an accident every month for a year.
Okay, and now for the truths (and the lie)….
1. True. Her and her husband gave me a joint once while at their apartment in Atlanta when I worked for McDonalds & Wendys. I hated the jobs, and I hated the joint.
2. True. For the record, this happened only once. Sex resulted in a climax – for them. I cleaned myself off and went to go find the Bijou Theatre shortly afterwards to “watch a movie” (heh heh).
3. True. Yes, Too $hort and I slept together. I got an autograph for Prime too. Then I drove myself home from the airport (Atlanta) after taking an overnight flight from Prime’s abode (Oakland).
4. True. I was arrested at the O’Hare airport after one of my friends decided to purchase an airline ticket to go back home to Tennessee – from credit card numbers he retrieved from work! During check-in, airport security called the police. During that time, I was trying to talk him out of travelling. As I was walking away from the gate, they had him arrested for trying to take the flight- and also had me arrested as an accomplice. The charges ended up being dropped for both of us, but because of the charges, he was released from his job at Houghton Mifflin. To this day, he is still considered a fugitive for various other reasons- check writing, stealing, etc. He has never really learned his lesson.
5. False. As much as my closest friends believe that this is true, it is not. I’ve had an accident once a year, not once a month. And yes, I’m still considered a bad driver, all the way around.