B12: All Over The Place. From KB’s Baker’s Dozen.
The concert: what started out good and ended up dissapointing………..
1. A lovely weekend starts off with going to see Rahsaan Patterson and Trina Broussard in concert.
2. Problem number one: when a concert is supposed to start at 9pm and doesn’t start until 10:30 or so, you know that there’s a problem brewing.
3. So, Trina Broussard starts at approximately 10:30pm, and ends a little after 11:00pm. Great intro from her, so it’s all great.. We wait for them to setup for Rahsaan.
4. Problem #2:
He finally takes the stage at about 11:30.
5. Problem #3: He sings exactly
4 songs 7 songs, all extended versions (read: more than 6 minutes apiece). Also, both Algebra and Sol Elder were also at the joint – singing background.
6. The killer: he then leaves the stage at exactly midnight. And no, he doesn’t return for an encore, despite the audience chanting for him to return.
7. I leave a bit irritated, and run into a couple of people that made life a little bearable: Jodine, Van Hunt, and Anthony David. Now that was a proper ending to an otherwise slightly dissapointing experience.
Stir Crazy: when I need to get out of the house……
8. After waking up and needing to get outta the house, I went to go check out Aeon Flux. even though I had read both good and bad things about the movie.
9. My verdict? I liked it. My favorite character? Sithandra. Yes, there are better films out there, but I wasn’t going for art, I was going for entertainment. It was entertaining enough for me to keep me in my seat through the movie….
10. ….so much so, I added Aeon Flux to my wishlist. I’m all for taking this season, if you wanna give. I’m jus’ sayin…..
Getting Back To Music: since it’s obvious I should be listening to some music constantly….
11. I pulled out my Rahsaan Patterson and Trina Broussard, to hear the songs I should have heard in concert but didn’t. I also pulled out Van Hunt, Algebra, and Anthony David, since I saw them. But not only that…
12. …I also pulled out some Benny Sings. Since I was feeling his vibe, I pulled out some Beady Belle and some Si Sé. Yeah, I couldn’t let a week go by without a rotation:
In Rotation – 12/05/04