Temperton: Two

Rod- the second time around.

Old School Weekly: Temperton: Two

Click above to play, or right click, then choose "save as" to download.

Would you like to subscribe to podcasts for iTunes? Go to Advanced -> Subscribe to Podcasts in iTunes and enter in the following link:

01 – The Groove Line – Heatwave
11 – The Steamin’ Feelin’ – Bob James
12 – Somethin’ Special – Quincy Jones feat. Patti Austin
13 – Give It All Your Heart – Herbie Hancock and Patrice Rushen
14 – The Star Of A Story – Heatwave
15 – All About The Heaven – The Brothers Johnson
16 – The Lady In My Life – Michael Jackson

Rod Temperton, volume 2 – need I say more? I love this. “Star Of A Story” is one of my all-time favorite slow cuts, while the cuts from The Brothers Johnson, Bob James and Herbie Hancock had never been heard before until now. Got requests? Send an email to ejflavors at gmail dot com. For those who’d like to subscribe to these podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. Also, please be sure to check out on GROOVMNT always keepin’ you in the loop. Take it light.

10 Responses “Temperton: Two”

1. 22 October 2010 at 11:04

Even better than Part 1. A number of joints I’ve haven’t heard in ages and some I’m hearing for the first time. Rod Temperton is that DUDE. Just an incredible songwriter…

• 22 October 2010 at 11:26

I wholeheartedly agree with you. His songwriting ability made it fun to pull together. Still surprised about how much has been missed from this guy.

2. Emeka Okoye
    22 October 2010 at 12:39

EJ, you have pulled another one. This is far better than the part 1. Best playlist of the one of the best songwriters of our time. Thumbs up :)

• 27 October 2010 at 22:00

thanks. i’m thinking this is the best one i’ve done in some time. still trying to figure out what to do next.

3. james madison
    22 October 2010 at 15:34

He wrote Love X Love?!?!?!?!?

That is my song! Rod’s work just holds up.

Ah, man, If only Michael, Quincy and Rod could have done one more album together. I’m being greedy and selfish of course, but dang, It would’ve been great to hear some more magic from these guys.

I’m glad I was born when I was, so that I could appreciate all of this in “real time”.

(He wrote Love X Love. Sonavagun!)

• 27 October 2010 at 22:01

yeah man, a lot of the stuff hr wrote were classics. researching him was the most fun i’ve had in a while putting OSWs together.

4. 27 October 2010 at 18:01

I’ve always said that Rod was the funkiest white guy in the music industry!

• 27 October 2010 at 22:02

Rod’s a bad mutha. Thse somgwriters today can learn from him.

5. Thierno
    28 October 2010 at 08:11

My top 3 Thriller songs are (in this order) #1-PYT, #2-baby Be Mine & #3-The Lady in my Life. Coincidence that Rod that Rod wrote 2 of the 3? I think not. MJ once said in an interview that he & Rod were in fierce competition for song submissions for Off the Wall. James Madison, I concur with your wish to have heard more from these 3 guys. Another awesome job, EJ. Thank you