Starpoint vs Skyy

This is the first time this has been done- a comparison of two band. Predenting….
Old School Wesnesday – Starpoint vs Skyy.

Volume 1.

Click above to play, or right click, then choose "save as" to download.

Volume 2.

Click above to play, or right click, then choose "save as" to download.

Would you like to subscribe to podcasts for iTunes? Go to Advanced -> Subscribe to Podcasts in iTunes and enter in the following link:

Volume I:

20 – Starpoint – Gonna Lift You Up
21 – Skyy – Skyyzoo
22 – Starpoint – Have You Got What It Takes
23 – Skyy – It’s Real Love
24 – Starpoint – Till The End Of Time
25 – Skyy – When You Touch Me

I have seen a battle of the bandsd but never participated – but this time I had a request from Paul that I couldn’t refuse. It’s pretty impossible for me to say whi is better (I think they’re both fantastic). What’s your opinion? Much props for the one and only Paul who was the mastermind behind this (and trust me, there will be more to come…believe me.)

Got requests? Send an email to ejflavors at gmail dot com. For those who’d like to subscribe to these podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. Also, please be sure to check out Groovmnt -always keepin’ you in the loop. Take it light.

11 Responses “Starpoint vs Skyy”

1. james madison
    23 June 2010 at 22:22

You’re not right man! This is TOUGH!!!!!!!!!
    Argh! I love Starpoint but I’m giving the edge to Skyy.
    While being great music, I feel that Starpoint, especially after “Object”, to my mind’s ear, had a more “pop” feel. I always liked Skyy’s more funked out groove.
    Love ’em both..but ‘m riding with Skyy…Plus they are repping Brooklyn!!!
    ( ^ _ ^ )
    Great post and concept!!!! Kudos to everybody!!

2. james madison
    23 June 2010 at 22:40

Had to add – “It’s All Yours” by Starpoint is CRAZY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 27 June 2010 at 13:59

I’m calling a tie. I can rock to either group and I blasted this mix while cleaning my house this morning. Thanks EJ! :)

4. 30 June 2010 at 23:17

Your site is amazing and I would love to do a feature on you on my site Nusoulcafe.com Please let me know if you’re interested.
    Thanks,
    Damiso

• 29 September 2010 at 21:11

Hey-

I sent you an email a while ago. Let’s work it out.

5. Jaine Blaize
    8 September 2010 at 14:25

Oh no! I clicked on the link and got this! “Page Not Found (Error 404) The file may have been removed or renamed. Be sure to check your spelling. If all else fails, you can go back to the page you came from, return to the homepage, or try searching (top right).”
    I am sure this was about to be hot!!! Did you move it? :-(

• 29 September 2010 at 21:12

Alright Jaine, I got it worked out – check it out again. Sorry I was so slow.

6. KIM
    20 September 2010 at 14:48

These are 2 of my favorite groups and i was very excited to hear the 2 mixes, but it saying
    the page cannot be found , can you please fix the 2 links i am dying to hear it !!! :) – Kim

• 29 September 2010 at 21:12

….and it’s done! Check it out and let me know if there are any issues.

• Kim