OSW: Thighs High

Trumpets, guitars, vibraphone, I got it all….

Old School Wednesday – Thighs High

Full podcast available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.

Want to subscribe to podcasts for iTunes? Go to Advanced -> Subscribe to Podcasts in iTunes and enter in the following link: http://ejflavors.com/casts/feed.xml

01 – Switch – Best Beat In Town
02 – Tom Browne – Thighs High
03 – Herb Alpert – Keep Your Eye on Me
04 – Pleasure – Glide
05 – Midnight Star – Midas Touch
06 – Phyllis Hyman – Under Your Spell
07 – Loose Ends ft. Roy Ayers – Magic Touch
08 – Basia – New Day for You
09 – SOS Band – Even When You Sleep
10 – Lalah Hathaway – Smile
11 – Cameo – We’re Going Out Tonight
12 – Stylistics – Hurry Up This Way Again
13 – Anita Baker – Good Love
14 – The Main Ingredient – Spinning Around (I Must Be Falling In Love)

I could talk about this whole list for hours, but I’m going to restrain myself. Switch, Tom and Herb with their trumpets gave me a well deserved kick and had me goin’ this morning. Loose Ends with Roy Ayers (!) just made it that much sweeter Then you’ve got Phyllis, Stylistics, Cameo…… catch my drft? Way too much to type about and get this out in the morning. Got requests? Send an email to ejflavors at gmail dot com. For those who’d like to subscribe to these podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. Also, please be sure to check out on Flowink.com always keepin’ you in the loop. Take it light.

8 Responses “OSW: Thighs High”

1. KB
    22 April 2009 at 09:27

GET OUT MY HEAD! I was just singing Basia and The Stylistics the other day, wondering if you ever threw it in an OSW. Be well, my brotha.

2. 22 April 2009 at 10:04

Just what the doctor ordered.

3. 22 April 2009 at 11:05

Thank you for posting that Tom Browne joint!

4. 22 April 2009 at 11:51

@KB: you can sing? {smile, couldn’t resist}
    @EJ: Ahhh, Tom Browne, Pleasure, Phyllis, Stylistics, Main Ingredient… I be liking THIS one!

5. 22 April 2009 at 15:34

EJ, you know I have got to throw a flag on your kickoff song for this episode:)
    I have the 45 but I know I have not heard the song anywhere within 20 years or more!!
    It had a little of everything from country to Larry Graham:)
    Even the superficial Debarge & Switch lovers will have a hard time placing it:)
    The Cameo cut was my personal prom theme but I won’t go any further on that:( rofl:)
    Keep taking no prisoners!!!

6. ms. alex
    22 April 2009 at 15:49

~ U R rite about talkn about this list for hours….luv it!

7. 23 April 2009 at 15:40

Best Beat in Town was my jam! *snapping fingers* I’ma a Switch-head though.

8. Kellie Williams
    16 March 2012 at 21:21

Hi EJ — I recently came across a copy of this mix I had burned to disc and listened to it while I was moving. It was so funky; even my 71 yr old Mom couldn’t resist shaking her booty!! Keep ’em coming sensei!