OSW: Joy

Let’s do it. I’m a man without a voice, so no talking with me on the podcast, but it’s all good. And put this on your calendar, please: Acid Jazz next week!!!! Today, I’m dropping:

Old School Wednesday: Joy

Full podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.

Want to subscribe to podcasts? Use this link.

01 – Marvin Gaye – Joy
02 – Brass Construction – Walkin’ The Line
03 – The Time – Get It Up
04 – Prince and the Revolution – 17 Days
05 – George Duke – Reach Out
06 – Shalamar – I Can Make You Feel Good
07 – Vanessa Williams – The Comfort Zone
08 – Caron Wheeler – I Adore You (Remix)
09 – S.O.S. Band – Two Time Lover
10 – Skyy – High
11 – The Jones Girls – Knockin’
12 – Dino – 24/7

Love this. Many thanks to The Mixtress, DarrenKeith, and G-Fresh for putting their touches into it.

Got requests? Send an email to ejflavors at gmail dot com. For those who’d like to subscribe to these podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. Also, please be sure to check out on Flowink.com always keeping you in the loop. Happy Holidays to all!! Take it light.

Click above to play, or right click, then choose "save as" to download.

7 Responses “OSW: Joy”

1. 28 January 2009 at 12:07

Yesterday, as I was getting ready for work, I said to myself “I need some feel good R&B …some good music in…like some Shalamar…some Take That To The Bank or SOMETHIN by them…” and BLAM!! Here u go with “I Can Make You Feel Good” das why u my DJ!!!!

2. james madison
    28 January 2009 at 12:18

Good looking out on the SOS’s “Two Time Lover.
    Great mix with Skyy and Prince. Glad you put Brass Construction on here.
    My brother put me on to them. Haven’t heard “Walking The Line” in a minute! Ditto The Time!
    PCE!

3. james madison
    28 January 2009 at 12:21

Good looking out on the SOS’s “Two Time Lover.
    Great mix with Skyy and Prince. Glad you put Brass Construction on here.
    PCE!

4. 28 January 2009 at 15:01

This OSW edition is mega wattage!
    Where do I send the bill for the neck brace reimbursement? My head kept bobbing!
    Peace,
    Roney

5. 28 January 2009 at 15:07

Cool!!!
    You found Dino’s “24/7” that was my cut back in the late 80s…thank you bro so much. ^_^

6. 28 January 2009 at 15:32

Damn, you really dug in the crates for this one. Dino? Haven’t heard that name in ages.

7. scott
    17 May 2009 at 18:25

this site is the coolest. if i may, i’d like to drop a few favorites i remember. lay it on me – heatwave, free love – jean carn, every generation – ronnie laws, i want you for myself – george duke, the sweetest pain – dexter wansel. just the coolest music… hit me @ the e-mail when there’s time… -scott