OSW: Ai No Corrida

Let’s do it.

Old School Wednesday: Ai No Corrida

Full podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.

Want to subscribe to podcasts? Use this link.

01 – Unlimited Touch – Searching To Find The One
02 – Rafael Cameron – The Magic Of You
03 – Shalamar – Make That Move
04 – Quincy Jones – Ai No Corrida
05 – Bernard Wright – Who Do You Love
06 – The Brothers Johnson – Strawberry Letter 23
07 – Mtume – Ready For Your Love
08 – The Gap Band – I Want A Real Love
09 – Kashif – Send Me Your Love
10 – Switch – There’ll Never Be
11 – Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan – Please Pardon Me (You Remind Me Of A Friend)
12 – Patrice Rushen – The Dream
13 – Chapter 8 – I Just Wanna Be Your Girl

I really enjoyed putting this together. I especially enjoyed pulling Mtume’s Ready For Love out of the crates (a sorely underplayed track), Patrice Rushen’s
The Dream from her album Posh, and Chapter 8’s I Just Wanna Be Your Girl, with vocals by Anita Baker before she went solo.

Got requests? Send an email to ejflavors at gmail dot com. For those who’d like to subscribe to these podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. Also, please be sure to check out on Flowink.com always keeping you in the loop. Happy Holidays to all!! Take it light.

Click above to play, or right click, then choose "save as" to download.

9 Responses “OSW: Ai No Corrida”

1. 14 January 2009 at 10:04

Hey now, Detroit’s own Chapter 8!

2. Strollin
    14 January 2009 at 13:22

I’m luvin it! Thanks for the Chaka Khan, Please Pardon Me is one of my faves. And, Bernard, I just listened to this song about 2 nites ago. WooHoo. Diggin’ it.

3. Strollin
    14 January 2009 at 13:23

I’m luvin’ it especially Chaka’s and just listened to Bernard’s 2 nights ago.

4. ms. alex
    14 January 2009 at 15:16

~ Hope you are feelin betta this wk than last. Some of my faves here: Brothers J, Mr. Wright, Switch. Thanks for yr hard work !

5. G-Fresh
    14 January 2009 at 16:36

that Chapter 8 is FIRE!@!@!

6. 14 January 2009 at 19:04

hey e.j. i’m feeling this wednesday vibe post.
    oh yea not sure if you remember me from lashundra.net? anyway i’m shunshyne on twitter. i blocked my updates for a reason had a stalker, anyway just wanted to say if you needed to follow me just request it and i’ll accept it.
    again thanks for always posting the good jams over here :)

7. james madison
    14 January 2009 at 21:09

So many good songs, so many great memories!
    Love Unlimited Touch – Searching To Find The One

8. KB
    15 January 2009 at 13:25

Bernard Wright, Shalimar, Unlimited Touch, and a track from The Dude? You starting off the year right!
    One track stood out for me. Before I heard Jimi Hendrix or Issac Hayes, I heard The Brothers Johnson. “Stawberry Letter 23” is one of my all time faves because that guitar solo break blew my young, impressionable mind and let me know that brothas can rock out with the best of them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

9. Seed Of Life
    4 February 2009 at 11:57

I remember seeing when this episode was released, but I still missed it somehow.
    This is for the real music fans!
    If one did not spend 10,000 hours listening to real music on real radio back in the day, a lot of these jams would not ring any bells:)
    Thanks again for the sweet ride:)