OSW: Obama

It has come to pass. It’s time to move forward.

Old School Wednesday: Barack Obama, President-Elect

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.
Want to subscribe to podcasts? Use this link.

01 – The Jeffersons – Movin’ On Up
10 – The Winans Feat. Teddy Riley – It’s Time
11 – Maze – We Are One
12 – Edwin Hawkins Singers – Oh Happy Day
13 – Sam Cooke – A Change Is Gonna Come
14 – Stevie Wonder – Happier Than The Morning Sun
15 – Donny Hathaway – Someday We’ll All Be Free

Words cannot describe my feelings for this. Just absolutely incredible. Special thanks again to G-Force and TGrundy for dropping this mix. They’re the directors, I’m just the provider. Got requests? Send an email to ejflavors at gmail dot com. For those who’d like to subscribe to these podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. Also, please be sure to check out on Flowink.com always keeping you in the loop. Take it light.

Click above to play, or right click, then choose "save as" to download.

8 Responses “OSW: Obama”

1. 5 November 2008 at 01:26

i think i’m def gonna download this one! great selections!!!

2. ms.alex
    5 November 2008 at 11:08

~ Great theme!! Oh, Happy Day!!

3. james madison
    6 November 2008 at 02:18

Ha! I have to echo Ms. Alex –
    “Great theme!! Oh, Happy Day!!”

4. Moni
    6 November 2008 at 21:14

Hey!
    My family and I decided that when Obama won, we were going to Washington DC to see him get sworn in. I hate the cold, but I’m gonna suit up in long johns and a North Face coat and get on out there!
    I’m going to make sure that we are playing this mix in the van on the way there! Love this!!
    Take care!
    YES WE DID!!!!

5. 6 November 2008 at 21:54

what a fitting podcast to round up this wonder event. TGrundy put the cry out to Get Out and Vote and the Sensei has the podcast for not only the celebration but for the work ahead for President Obama (man that sounds so cool. ^_^ )
    Pumping this podcast and I will be burning this to a CD for the Mrs.
    Be Blessed EJ
    Another Grand Slam podcast.

6. 7 November 2008 at 20:38

nice!

7. perri
    7 November 2008 at 23:34

Nice picks! :-)
    I suggested “Yes We Can Can” on another website. I had Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions on my mind, with “We’re a Winner” and my Jackson 5 pick was “Show You the Way to Go.
    I’ve actually had “Super Soul Brother” on my mp3 player for months, but I hadn’t even thought of it on an Obama playlist. Good call! :thumbsup:
    Oh, and Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” feels so right!

8. 15 April 2009 at 15:19

I play this right when I get in and right before I leave work. Thank you for this!