OSW: Inside Love

Let’s kick this month off the right way.

Old School Wednesday: Inside Love

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]
Want to subscribe to podcasts? Use this link.

01 – The Brothers Johnson – Light up the Night
02 – Heatwave – The Groove Line
03 – Booker Newberry III – Love Town
04 – Steve Arrington – Nobody Can Be You
05 – Vesta Williams – Don’t Blow A Good Thing
06 – George Benson – Inside Love (So Personal)
07 – Stevie Wonder – All I Do
08 – Shalamar – Sweeter as the Days Go By
09 – Quincy Jones – Somethin’ Special
10 – Alexander O’Neal – A Broken Heart Can Mend
11 – The Gap Band – Outstanding
12 – The Jones Girls – Nights over Egypt
13 – Switch – I Call Your Name

Shoutouts go to: G-Fresh for droppin’ Booker Newberry; LuvSels, Roney, Kaysha, and Derrick for inspiring a lil’ GAP Band; and ms. alex for her request for a little Switch, which I was happy to provide. Stay tuned for next week, where Butta gave me some inspiration for an Old School Wednesday that will definitely entertain. Got requests? Send an email to ejflavors at gmail dot com. Special thanks go to the crew of Black Web 2.0 for their inspiration, as it continues on through the month. For those who’d like to subscribe to these podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. Also, please be sure to check out on Flowink.com always keeping you in the loop. Take it light.

Click above to play, or right click, then choose "save as" to download.

9 Responses “OSW: Inside Love”

1. 6 August 2008 at 07:41

I remember listening to DJ the DJ playing #7 for at least 10 minutes in Bentley’s (early of couurse)…I danced to every second!
    Steve Arrington could cough on a track and I’d love it lol

2. Mike A BTHS1981
    6 August 2008 at 09:12

I have not been able to tune in for a while. I needed that Steve Arrington like a thirsty man in the desert. Thanks again!

3. G-Fresh
    6 August 2008 at 10:27

another killer list 4-7 is gonna get me through this rough day!!!

4. ms. alex
    6 August 2008 at 12:11

~OMG!!! I agree with G-Fresh…killa list. Thanks fo the Switch!

5. james madison
    6 August 2008 at 12:34

great tracks! I cannot believe that “Don’t Blow A Good Thing” was produced by the same cat who produced “Do The Bartman”. Amazing!
    Haven’t heard Heatwave in a minute. Great memories with that track.
    Always loved the collaboration between George and Kashif!
    Great!

6. Brother Tashi
    6 August 2008 at 14:34

Philly’s own Mr. Dexter Wanzel Nights Over Egypt! Classic song!!

7. 6 August 2008 at 16:15

Once again you have dropped a gem where I will be pumping this all night at the 2nd gig. Thanx for this wonderful selection. Again, we are the students and you are the master. (bowing to the Sensei) ^_^

8. 6 August 2008 at 18:21

‘Grooveline’ is one of my ALL time favorite songs of all time! Niiice line up – as always!

9. 8 August 2008 at 11:58

I have to agree with Anewlis, I have been pumping “Groove Line” about 5-6 times in a row…it takes me about 2hours just to get through this podcast. Some of these tunes I have never heard and they are growing on me. By you having The Brothers Johnson, Heatwave, Alexander O’Neal, Switch(which I show cased this track in one of my earlier shows…I never get tired of hearing that cut). Tunes like this brings back memories of being at the Recreation Center in my hometown on a Saturday night…I was a wall hugger but it was still fun. Man do I miss the 70s-80s.