OSW: CH – Valentines Day, 2008

And I’m back. My apologies for the mini-vacation, but I’m 95% better than I was. Without further ado, since tomorrow is Valentines Day, going to drop this a day early…it’s the Cupid’s Hunt podcast, bought to you by Mr. Todd Grundy:

Old School Wednesday: Cupid’s Hunt – Valentine’s Day, 2008

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]
Want to subscribe to podcasts? Use this link.

01- Kashif – Stone Love
02- Lisa Stansfield – Real Love
03- Curtis Hairston – (You’re My) Shining Star
04- Loose Ends – I Can’t Wait (Another Minute)
05- Liz Hogue – Dream Lover
06- Chris Jasper – Like I Do
07- Ernie Isley – Love Situation
08- Mary J. Blige – Love No Limit
09- Loose Ends – Symptoms of Love (Interlude)
10- Bill Withers – Let Me Be the One You Need
11- Lakeside – I Want to Hold Your Hand
12- Earth, Wind & Fire – Sun Goddess
13- Pockets – You And Only You
14- R.J.’s Latest Arrival – Heaven in Your Arms
15- Shanice – Do I Know You?
16- Rene Moore – Never Say Goodbye To Love

To make this blend stand out, I wanted to ensure that none of the tracks here were in Valentines Day 2006 or Valentines Day 2007, were predominately from the 80s, and were not considered major hits upon their release, but were very memorable to me. For instance, not many people remember Curtis Hairston Liz Hogue or Pockets, but were vocalists in their own right. In addition, there were recording artists that were part of major acts that came out with their solo LPs, such as Chris Jasper, Ernie Isley, and Rene Moore. While all of these tracks are memorable, I’ve got to say that Bill Withers, Liz Hogue and Lisa Stansfield stand out in my mind.

There’s more in the podcast of course , so if you’re inclined, take a listen. Hope you enjoy. Stop by periodically, as the other podcasts that give homage to Valentine’s Day will be listed here as they become available. For those who’d like to subscribe to my podcasts, enter this link manually into iTunes. If you have requests, questions, or suggestions, send an email to ejflavors [@] gmail [.] com. Take it light!

[Addendum #1: Today, 2/13, is GrantLove’s birthday…show him some love!]

Valentine’s Day Mixes as of 14 February 2008 09:36 AM:
1. Todd Grundy’s Cupid’s Hunt – Old School Jams Mix 1
2. Anjibee’s Chillcast Cupid’s Hunt Valentines Special
3. Liz Burr’s Cupid’s Hunt: Love 1994
4. Fave and Eve’s Friday Favecast: The Cupid’s Hunt Edition
5. Infinite Ink’s Valentines Day Mix
6. DarrenKeith’s MyLoveForMusic: Cupid’s Hunt 2008
7. LuvSel’s Cupid’s Hunt – Love Is You
8. Fresh’s :::Vibes N Scribes ::: >> Cupid’s Hunt Valentine’s Day 2008 – The Love Journey
9. KB’s Cupid’s Hunt: What Is Love (KB’s Bleek Mix)
10. DJ DIVA’s Cupid’s Hunt: Sexy Music by Sexy Men
11. DJ GrantLOVE’s GrantLOVE Presents: Would U Be Mine?
12. BSOTs BSOTS 060 – one for beth: a valentine’s day blends session
13. i.am.anew.lis – Cupid’s Hunt: Love Letter

11 Responses “OSW: CH – Valentines Day, 2008”

1. james madison
    13 February 2008 at 02:14

Glad you’re feeling better E!
    The tracks here are on the One!
    I haven’t heard that Hairston track in a bit. Cool little tale. I was visiting my Grandmother at a hospital on Roosevelt Island in 2005 and I saw former NY Knicks gurad Earl “The Pearl” Monroe who signed Curtis to his “Pretty Pearl” record label…should have asked him them if he had copies of “I Want You (All Tonight)” that is my jam!
    Feeling “I Can’t Wait” by Loose Ends. The Kenny Green penned ‘Love No Limit” is the most timeless cut MJB ever recorded.
    Earth, Wind is Fire…Kudos..Pockets, R.J., Ernie….
    A great V-Day’ mix.
    Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone.
    Best E!

2. james madison
    13 February 2008 at 02:16

…Happy Birthday to Grantlove!
    Pce!

3. Fresh
    13 February 2008 at 07:30

EJ,
    Glad you are feeling better. Man….Kashif, Loose Ends (Symptons of Love)….excellent tracks!

4. 13 February 2008 at 09:11

Two Loose Ends songs? Excellent!

5. 13 February 2008 at 09:26

Thanks Nikki! That second one is mostly an interlude since it’s only about 1 minute and a half long…let me state that…..

6. Thierno
    14 February 2008 at 00:26

EJ, glad you are feeling better. The OSW kinda shows you are in high spirits. Great tracks, albeit I am only familiar with a couple such as Kashif, MJB & RJ.
    Thanks for managing to give us such rare music while convalescent.
    Peace

7. 14 February 2008 at 10:31

Podcast Godfather…you had me with the first song! “Stone Love” had me doing the freak in my office yesterday! LOL Not to mention Curtis and Liz…you the best Sensei! Happy V-Day!

8. Karen Mills
    14 February 2008 at 20:38

Wow. I was JUST listening to Kashif’s “Lover Come Turn Me On” and RJ’s First Arrival’s “Heaven in Your Arms.” So funny. Glad you’re doing better. =) You should hear what I’m listening to now!!! You would be sweating it!!! LOL

9. ms alex
    16 February 2008 at 13:50

~ Lakeside…nuf said. Happy Birthday, Grantlove. Glad you’re feeling better, EJ! Miss *talking* to you guys like I used to. Be blessed.

10. strollin
    26 February 2008 at 22:37

EJ,
    Do you have “I Count the Hours” by Rene Moore? Thanks,
    s4l

11. Lee
    17 March 2008 at 10:40

You mentioned Pockets in your post. Man I didn’t think ANYBODY else remembered them. I searched for “Posada” and “Come Go With Me” for YEARS before I found a greatest hits album last year. Love Pockets…and just about anything else that is associated with Earth Wind and Fire.