OSW – Makin’ Moves, Volume 2

I’m officially two podcasts behind at the moment, but I’ll be caught up by this weekend. It’s been a madhouse here at the EJ Ranch. The music is what keeps me sane. It’s the music that allows me to continue makin’ moves….

Old School Wednesday: Makin’ Moves, Volume 2.

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – Jermaine Jackson – Tell Me I’m Not Dreamin’ (Too Good To Be True)
02 – Patti Austin – Honey for the Bees
03 – The Jones Girls – You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else
04 – Sugarhill Gang – The Lover In You
05 – Bill Withers – Lovely Day
06 – Stevie Wonder – As
07 – The Crusaders – Street Life
08 – Michael Henderson – In the Night Time
09 – Lou Rawls – Let Me Be Good To You
10 – Steely Dan – Black Cow
11 – Mac Band – Love U 2 The Limit
12 – Kipper Jones – Poor Elaine
13 – Dennis Edwards – Aphrodisiac
14 – Don Blackman – Since You Been Away So Long

I think you’re going to like this mix. The ones that stand out that I’m sure will get you to move are Jermaine’s duet with Michael, The Crusaders with Randy Crawford, and Michael Henderson’s sultry soul. I’ve got that two that really hit me right now– Mac Band’s Love U 2 The Limit and Kipper Jones‘ Poor Elaine. These are two personal favorites of mine and are tracks I’ve been trying to find for years but were finally able to get my hands on. Hope you enjoy.

Special thanks to my Zuri and Recursive Motif for their ears. They made this mix that much easier to put together.
Take it light.

8 Responses “OSW – Makin’ Moves, Volume 2”

1. Thierno
    9 May 2007 at 09:36

DJ EJ has done it again! You started this thing off right. MJ and JJ always sound good together (this is a perfect example). Then, to top it off, you include Dennis Edwards & Mac Band?!?!? WOW. Thanks.
    Peace

2. james madison
    9 May 2007 at 15:47

Choice tracks! Bill Withers, Sugar Hill Gang, Crusaders..Nice!
    Brings me allll the way back. Steely Dan, Dennis Edwards…Ditto on Everything. MJ and JJ CLASSIC!!!!! I was always hoping to see a video of this back in the day on New York Hot Tracks with either Carlos Dejeseus and Darnell Williams and Debbie Morgan..but no video (to my knowledge) was ever made.
    Stay sane and hold your head, Kid!…and keep doing your thing!
    Positivity Abounds!!!!!!!!!

3. 10 May 2007 at 12:13

Lovely Day is one of those cuts you think about when your mama and daddy were still together. LOL

4. 10 May 2007 at 15:03

Damn, I forgot about that Jones Girls cut. Even after all these years, you still surprisin’ me!!!
    That Michael Hernderson is crazy! I must have it!!!
    Black cow is one of my favorites songs of all time. Too Hot!!!
    Who the hell is Kipper Jones? ha ha ha ha ha… Kipper…. ha ha ha ha ha
    Hot mix!!!!

5. 11 May 2007 at 07:16

EJ, you’re right when you say “I think you’re going to like this mix”. I do! BTW… do I detect a bit of “jazziness” creeping into our favorite ‘Wizard of Wednesday’ and his mixes? The Crusaders, Lou Rawls, Steely Dan, Patti Austin, hmmmmm…. forget Robin Thicke, I think we’re seeing the “Evolution of EJ Flavors”! {smile}

6. 11 May 2007 at 12:25

Nothing like that Street Life. Keep making it do what it do, Music Man. 😉

7. 30 May 2007 at 10:31

I could play Robin Allllllll day!
    Makes me think of NY..Thank you EJ! Love you man!

8. unclekipper
    1 October 2007 at 00:28

hey thanks for recognizing my song, ‘poor elaine’. it’s a personal fave of mine as well. finishing up new stuff 17 yrs in the making!!!.
    be blessed,