OSW: NJS, Volume 3

Here we go, droppin’ it on the one….

Old School Wednesday: New Jack Swing, Volume III.

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – Le Gent – Woman’s Heart
02 – The Good Girls – Your Sweetness
03 – Joe Public – Live And Learn
04 – Boy George – Don’t Take My Mind on a Trip
05 – Guy – Do Me Right
06 – Caron Wheeler – I Adore You
07 – Keith Sweat – Something Just Ain’t Right
08 – Al B. Sure – Rescue Me
09 – Entouch – II Hype
10 – Michael Jackson – In The Closet
11 – SWV – I’m So Into You
12 – Today – Girl I Got My Eyes On You
13 – Hi-Five – I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)

I’m sure, again, you’ve heard most of these cuts. Tracks by Guy, Keith Sweat, Today, and Al B. Sure go without saying. Also, who can forget hits from Boy George, The Good Girls, Joe Public, Hi Five, and SWV? The tracks for me that stand out the most are Le Gent (produced by Timmy Gatling), Entouch’s II Hype, and Caron Wheeler’s I Adore You from the Mo’ Money soundtrack.

6 Responses “OSW: NJS, Volume 3”

1. Thierno
    21 March 2007 at 10:40

EJ, you’re sure gonna bring NJS back. I’ll help ya. That’s my favorite Guy tune (with my fav. MC on it – come to think of it, u could’ve added some tracks by Heavy D, too). Thanks for bringing back so many good memories of that era.
    Peace

2. james madison
    21 March 2007 at 12:10

Yeah..these are 90’s grooved out cuts that I can get behind.
    Hi Five, MJ, Caron Wheeler (a shame she is not recognized by the masses) Good Girls!! (One of the ladies got into acting. I saw here on the show Dark Angel)
    Great late 80’s cuts…II Hype by Entouch..I remember the video for this where Free was kicking some cool moves. Hilarious and FUN! Today’s “Girl I Got..” was just the jam. I wore that cut out on vinyl along with a 80’s club duo Bas Noir. Keith Sweat, please
    that is just classic!
    People always tend to get depressed when thinking about how old they are. Well you know what? I am at the age where I could get a great appreciation of different music from Rap, Rock, Soft Rock, House (club, hip house) R&B and Funk. I would not trade my age, experience and memories for nothing!
    Good trip down memory lane E! Keep doing it!!!

3. 21 March 2007 at 20:29

EJ. Nice mix, especially the II Hype joint from my boys Eric & Free. That’s going way back into my old Bronx days.
    Anyway, I’ll be in ATL first weekend in May, So I’ll Holla!!

4. 22 March 2007 at 19:03

I always did love that SWV song.

5. xix
    22 March 2007 at 20:58

Great mix EJ thanks, a little request if you post some more Entouch I would love to hear one of their later hits called Drop Dead Gorgeous. Havent heard that in ages bro.

6. ms. alex
    27 March 2007 at 20:49

~ Ahhhh, A B. and Keith…Thanks, bro..