OSW – Valentines Day, 2007

Hey, it might be cold outside but it’s all about the warmess of the heart. It’s:

Old School Wednesday: Valentines Day, 2007.

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – GQ – Don’t Stop This Feeling
15 – Bill Withers – Oh Yeah
16 – Heatwave – That’s The Way We’ll Always Say Goodnight
17 – Rodney Franklin – Song for You
18 – Cheryl Lynn – No One Else Will Do
19 – Ernie Isley, Chris Jasper, Marvin Isley – Givin’ You Back The Love
20 – Carl Thomas – Hey Now

Last year’s mix was a very good one, so this one was a little on the difficult side. No tracks used last year are on this one, and I tried to use tracks that were not played ofen. The tracks that were rarely played on the radio were B Angie B’s So Much Love, Dave Coz’ Tender Is The Night, GQ’s Don’t Stop This Feeling, and After 7’s Truly Something Special. All of the other cuts always do something to me everytime I hear ’em.

But that’s not all. I’m glad to be in the company of some musical geniuses here, who I’m blessed to participate in the Triple Play for Valentines Day….namely GrantLove with his mix here and T.Grundy who also has some great music waiting for you here. Definitely check them out, and please show your love!!!

I also have to thank CoachMVP, Qamar, Thierno, John K , and the one and only Prime for keeping me going. Special shoutouts to Nikki, Saga, nikki, VerbalEssence, and Lamonte. There are also others that mean so much to me that it’s impossible to list them all- just know that my heart has love for everybody!

Happy Valentines Day! Take it light.

10 Responses “OSW – Valentines Day, 2007”

1. james madison
    14 February 2007 at 11:23

Great material – Kenny Loggins I haven’t heard in a bit…
    Cheryl Lynn + Luther, Incognito….You bought the Justice man!

2. ms. alex
    14 February 2007 at 12:07

~ Happy Valentine’s Day!! ms. alex

3. 14 February 2007 at 14:57

EJ the master music releaser….You only get better with your selections. I love the Kenny Loggins joint, always have. He was Justin before Timberlake:-)Hot like FIRE!!!
    Don’t forget to check out TGrundy and MYSELF for our Valentines Day Mixes. Enjoy all three, download all three.
    Peace & Blessings
    GrantLOVE

4. Thierno
    14 February 2007 at 17:26

Ahhhh that After 7 track is ‘truly’ a classic. That album is ‘truly’ a classic – ha-ha
    Thanks for inlcuding a Jamiroquai track; I am, and always will be, a fan.
    EJ, thank you man and thanks for the shout-out.
    Peace.

5. Jenny
    15 February 2007 at 11:54

I enjoyed hearing that old B Angie B joint…it brought me back to my childhood.That was my mom’s song. I lucked up on your website last week trying to listen to the remix of “Every little thing you do” by Christopher Williams. I enjoy your old school Wednesday playlists.

6. Charvian
    15 February 2007 at 13:06

This is such an awesome collection with songs I haven’t heard in ages! I’ve let it just play over and over three times already!!!
    Great compilation!
    Thank you!

7. Qamar
    17 February 2007 at 12:52

Great mix EJ!
    You pulled out some great stuff here… Adriana Evans, Cheryl Lynn, Kenny Loggins, and Maysa cuts are terrific.
    But, that duet with Luther and Cheryl still blows my mind. It is flawless!
    Keep the mixes coming and thanks for the shout out!

8. CoachMVP
    18 February 2007 at 08:35

Hey Dude…….Your Heatwave catalog continues to impress me. You know you got me hooked on Maysa. All of the cuts are appropriate. I appreciate the shout out but you are the master that puts it all together. Peace.

9. tana
    18 February 2007 at 11:06

Nice mixes
    Will you put the artist Kwick , Too lonley to be alone
    next week ? The album was Foreplay

10. Stacey
    18 February 2007 at 19:42

What’s good EJ? Would you happen to have Prince’s “When 2 R In Love”? I’m certain it’s off of the Lovesexy cd. Keep up the GREAT work, I love your music!!