OSW: Chillin’, Volume 1

It’s getting cooler. Literally and figuratively.

Old School Wednesday: To Chill Or Not To Chill, Volume 1.

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – Earth, Wind & Fire – Got to Get You into My Life
02 – Phil Collins – Sussudio
03 – Carleen Anderson – Mama Said
04 – D Train – Walk on By
05 – Incognito – Step Into My Life
06 – Loose Ends – Remote Control
07 – Jade – Every Day Of The Week
08 – Chantay Savage – The Way You Turn Me On
09 – Skyy – High
10 – Jesse Powell – All I Need
11 – Kiara (with Shanice Wilson) – This Time
12 – Glenn Jones – Show Me
13 – Barkays – Anticipation
14 – War – Baby It’s Cold Outside

The albums by Carleen, Incognito, Loose Ends, and Chantay Savage are some of the albums I played in serious rotation back in the day. I couldn’t remember the last time I had heard "Baby It’s Cold Outside." There’s a lot I could say about all of these tracks, they’re so good.

As before, I owe a podcast for the previous OSW, so watch for that this week as well as this one. In addition, comments are still outta whack, but I’ll approve them as soon as I can get to em….

[10/21/06] – All three podcasts are finally up. Enjoy.

11 Responses “OSW: Chillin’, Volume 1”

1. ms. alex
    18 October 2006 at 07:37

Yeah, ba-by…love me some Bar-Kays! Damn! Loose Ends, too! Sussudio and In the Air Tonite are my favorites from Phil. Thanks, E.

2. 18 October 2006 at 07:58

As always a very nice mix to start off my humpday the right way.
    Love EW&F’s Gotta Get you…. Pure Fire!!
    Peace & Blessings
    GrantLove

3. 18 October 2006 at 09:35

Geez, I ain’t heard “Sussuidio” in ages. And the D Train and Glenn Jones cuts took me back. Great way to start a Wednesday.

4. 18 October 2006 at 14:18

LOL … Every time I hear Sussudio now, I think about the time Ed came here and we embarrassed ourselves singing it in the karaoke bar. Hilarious, I tell ya! Great stuff, mayne!!!

5. 18 October 2006 at 18:57

Another excellent one, EJ!
    Man, that Kiara song still sounds good. What ever happened to Shanice?
    Good to hear the (mighty) Barkays and D-Train!

6. MoniMoni
    18 October 2006 at 21:17

Wow, Kiara…I haven’t heard “This Time” in a long time…”This time, I won’t back down”…EJ love the cuts you dig up!

7. Gullah Child
    19 October 2006 at 12:06

Man, what a journey! This week’s mix took me from late jr. high to my late 20’s! Maysa Leak sounds just as good today as she did when she was with Incognito. “Step Into My Life” was and still is a great cut. I can remember dancing to “Sussidio” in college during one of our half time shows (GO SCSU BULLDOGS!!!!) Like the Loose Ends, Skyy, and Jade mix too. Thanks again for another great OSW.
    Peace!

8. 20 October 2006 at 06:56

Whattup EJ? Just checking in to see how you are doing brah. Looks like the spins have increased and you’ve got everyone mellowed out. Nicely done as always.

9. chica
    20 October 2006 at 22:34

Jessie Powell…wow. Talk about a blast from the past! I can’t forget about Glenn Jones! “Show Me” brings up so many happy memories.
    Thank you EJ!

10. Philip Chong
    24 October 2006 at 13:19

Where can I get the music CD?

11. 26 November 2006 at 21:10

anticipation by the barkays is the number one it is a serious love-making song