OSW: And Love Goes On

As the temperature starts falling, these mixes just get a little bit more difficult. Let’s hope you enjoy this one. Here we go:

Old School Wednesday: And Love Goes On.

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – Earth, Wind & Fire – And Love Goes On
02 – The Jacksons – Lovely One
03 – Teena Marie – I Need Your Lovin’
04 – Raydio – Jack And Jill
05 – Human League – (Keep Feeling) Fascination
06 – Lee Ritenour – Countdown (Captain Fingers)
07 – Tom Browne – Secret Fantasy
08 – Stephanie Mills & Teddy Pendergrass – Two Hearts
09 – Alexander O’neal – Sunshine
10 – New Edition – Can You Stand the Rain
11 – Force MDs – Fairytale Lover
12 – A Taste Of Honey – Sukiyaki
13 – The Emotions – Don’t Ask My Neighbor
14 – Anita Baker – Good Love

When I was compiling this mix, I started checking out Earth Wind And Fire. When I heard And Love Goes On, that made my day, and kept the impetus going to complete this mix. Human League’s track got played so much I believe I bought three copies of the EP that contained the song. While The Emotions’ has always been a staple in my house back in the day, Anita Baker’s Good Love written by Gary Taylor is – hands down- the most played single off of Giving You The Best That I Got (and, I admit, quite possibly my favorite Anita Baker song).

[10/21/06] – The podcast is finally up. Enjoy.

9 Responses “OSW: And Love Goes On”

1. james madison
    11 October 2006 at 02:13

Good stuff…brings me back to good times as usual..Stephanie Mills & Teddy Pendergrass..WOW! Glad to see someone else remembers The Force MD’s.

2. ms. alex
    11 October 2006 at 08:18

Without a doubt, “Good Love” is my 2nd favorite AB cut (#1 would be “Angel”). So many faves here, EJ: “Jack N Jill” (junior high school memories), Alex’s “Sunshine”, NE’s “Can You Stand…” ~ I could go on and on. And yeah, they wore out “Fascination” back in the day. Love u!

3. MoniMoni
    12 October 2006 at 07:56

Wow, “Jack and Jill”…there’s a song I had not heard in a long time. Loved me some Stephanie and Teddy, and of course I am a big NE fan! Love it!

4. 12 October 2006 at 13:51

I remember “And Love Goes On” was deemed a failure by the “powers that be”. They said that EWF was tired and on their way out. Little did they know. That album (I’m dating myself) was pretty good to me. I remember when I first saw Teena Marie on Soul Train performing “I Need Your Lovin”, to say I was shocked was an understatement. The bass and strings made that song for me. BLX played “Two Hearts” to death. I wanted that song to be my death. I love it. “Good Love” was the best cut off that Nita cd. Now tell me…….why do YOU think Jack snuck down the hill? I know but I ain’t tellin……I met him on the way down. I was going up to see Jill. She was overrated. Childhood fantasy. I need professional help. (Peach Cobbler @ 2am please). I got the Countdown. One of 3 personal favs on that cd. For once, a cut with Johnny Gill sounding like he can sing…….you can understand EVERYTHING he is saying. God is indeed good. The absolute best Emotions song….it shows their harmony. Love thoses girls. Second only to the Jones Girls. I’m through for now. Whoa oh oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

5. chica
    12 October 2006 at 19:10

“Two Hearts”! No you don’t have Stephanie and Teddy sangin’ on my PC! I haven’t heard “Sukiyaki” in years. New Edition! Of course, thanks for “Sunshine”. I’m still mad that this track was not included of his recent best of compilation.
    Thank you! Thank you! Enjoy your week!

6. 15 October 2006 at 17:25

I saw George Benson at Chastain once and Lee Ritenhour showed up to play with him for a few minutes. No…wait…maybe it was Earl Klugh. I’m gettin old man, but it was a good show. So was Boney James.

7. 16 October 2006 at 11:24

Earth Wind & Fire!
    I need to sit down and listen to “Sing a song” about a zillion times.

8. Wil
    16 October 2006 at 12:50

Thank you!!! Just what I need today, at the beginnig of my work week!!

9. 16 October 2006 at 16:51

Always good the finish it off with Anita.
    Hot mix, yo!!!!