OSW: Rescue Me

Yes, I’m late again, thanks to too many things going on (has someone seen my Ibuprofen?). Thanks to the combined geniuses of Qamar, Thierno and CoachMVP, I present to you:

Old School Wednesday: Rescue Me.

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – A Taste Of Honey – Rescue Me
02 – Jeff Redd – You Called And Told Me
03 – Wendy & Lisa – Are You My Baby
04 – Billy Ocean – Love Zone
05 – Chante Moore – Love’s Taken Over
06 – Luther Vandross – The Rush
07 – Alexander O’Neal with Cherrelle- Never Knew Love Like This
08 – Rufus – I’m Dancing for Your Love
09 – Chaka Khan – What Cha’ Gonna Do For Me
10 – Force MD’s – Love Is A House
11 – Human League – Human
12 – Atlantic Starr – When Love Calls
13 – Eugene Wilde – Don’t Say No (Tonight)
14 – Evelyn Champagne King – Kisses Don’t Lie

Any list with A Taste Of Honey, Atlantic Starr, and Wendy & Lisa in it has got to be…diverse, right? Enjoy.

17 Responses “OSW: Rescue Me”

1. ms. alex
    27 September 2006 at 09:40

Hey ~ thanks for Billy Ocean, Eugene Wilde and Alex (no doubt)! By the way, “Aleve” works wonders on headaches, backaches, cramps, etc!!

2. Gullah Child
    27 September 2006 at 10:44

Thanks again for another great Wednesday mix. “Kisses Don’t Lie” is one of my favorite slow jams from Evelyn’s 1988 “Flirt” LP. Just played it the other day.
    Peace

3. 27 September 2006 at 11:10

Whew! For a minute there I thought I was going to have to go through an entire Wednesday without my OSW. You know how much I look forward to these! As it is I had to get dressed this morning without it and as a result my head was whoosie (sp?), I couldn’t see clearly, my coffee didn’t taste right. Hell, for all I know my tee shirt could be on backwards and I could have on one black shoe and one brown shoe! {smile} See what happens when I don’t get my Wednesday morning “fix” before leaving for work? Hmmmm…. if OSW is a drug, does that mean that EJ and the gang are dealers?
    OK, OK, now that my head is clearing and I’m starting to feel normal again… another superb job guys. Rufus and Chaka back-to-back (why, oh why can’t they get back together again?), Billy Ocean “Love Zone” a personal fav, and Atlantic Starr “When Love Calls”… ahhhhh, I’m feeling much better now!

4. 27 September 2006 at 13:07

Weren’t you, J. Brotherlove and I chatting about Wendy and Lisa when you guys first arrived in Austin?
    Chaka, I loved What Cha Gonna Do For Me. Her voice is just timeless. But her dancing was forgettable. *snickers*…
    Thanks Love, you’re making my Wednesday spin in all ways good.

5. 27 September 2006 at 13:42

I always did like Sharon Bryant’s voice as opposed to Barbara Weathers with Atlantic Starr. Both equally great, but Sharon’s stood out more to me.

6. Sir Isiah Wyatt, Jr.
    27 September 2006 at 13:47

EJ, that is the bomb!!! Can you other songs or a In Rotation featuring songs from Eugene Wilde? He made the 80’s wonderful for me in a time of great personal turmoil for me. Thanks for bringing laughter to my heart!!!!
    Sir Isiah

7. Thierno
    27 September 2006 at 15:08

Man, Jeff Redd, talk about a blast from the past. Makes me wanna watch the movie ‘Strictly Business’. That Luther joint grooves.
    The tracks on this OSW flow so well, from one to the next.
    Excellent!!!!
    Peace

8. james
    27 September 2006 at 15:25

Best mix yet….Takes me back to cool grooves an good lyrics.

9. chica
    27 September 2006 at 23:00

I hope that you are feeling better! Take it easy! Eugene Wilde…dang…it has been a while since I’ve heard him!
    Thanks for my Alex fix.
    Again I am over here lipsynching into my curling iron to Chaka Khan. Human League…I feel like a kid again.
    Thanks EJ! Take it easy.

10. MoniMoni
    28 September 2006 at 07:47

Loved the Force MD’s!! Thanks for bringing them back. Jeff Redd brings back good memories…

11. MoniMoni
    28 September 2006 at 07:48

Feel better EJ.. :)

12. 28 September 2006 at 17:46

tiiiiiiiiiight!!

13. 28 September 2006 at 21:25

EJ, thanks for the shout out!
    Wendy & Lisa, Chante Moore, and Force MDs are inspired choices.
    Had forgotten how much I liked Luther’s “The Rush.”
    Chaka never sounded better!
    Great mix.

14. 1 October 2006 at 10:41

I haven’t checked up on u in a while, but I’m still spinning ur mixes something crazy! Why are u 45% of my iPod memory??? Keep it up and stay in touch!

15. 5 November 2006 at 19:08

It’s gives a great feeling knowing that my music is still appreciated!!!
    Thank You All!!
    Michael Henderson

16. 8 November 2006 at 00:56

EJ, what an honor! Keep rockin’ the groove!

17. Stacey
    18 November 2006 at 10:30

OMG!!! I have been wanting to hear Evelyn Champagne King’s “Kisses Don’t Lie” for a while. This is a great compilation of cuts you have – I stumbled across this site while searching windows media player and I am sold! – I listen at home and at work. Thanks