Rotatin’, Volume 6

Continuing with the vibe for this month….

Rotatin’ : Volume 6, August 2006.

[Podcast/mix available here. Click to play or right click-save as to download.]
[Want to listen online? Click here.]

01 – Aquanote – Nowhere
02 – The Sunburst Band – Far Beyond
03 – Osunlade f/ Marie St. James – The Closer I Get
04 – Blue Six – Pure
05 – D’Influence f/ Shola Ama- This I Promise You
06 – Emmanuel f/ Celitia – Getaway
07 – Kelis – Trilogy
08 – Aya – Uptown
09 – Break Reform – And I (Yam Who Rework)
10 – Rich Medina Feat. Martin Luther – Too Much
11 – The Roots – Dilltastic Vol Won(derful)
12 – The Roots – Clock With No Hands (Feat. Mercedes Martinez)
13 – Natalie Williams – Psychedelic Love
14 – Choklate – Gettin Is Good
15 – Corinne Bailey Rae – Butterfly

I had to go back in and throw some of my favorites, like Aquanote’s Nowhere, The Sunburt Band’s Far Beyond, Osunlade’s The Closer I Get, and Blue Six’s Pure. However, I could not let this mix go without throwing some Emmanuel in there (much props to Hyps to alerting us to such a great CD). I had to break it down with Kelis’ Trilogy from the album Kelis Was Here. I also pulled in my favorite cut from Aya, Uptown.

I’m still a big fan of Yam Who which is why I had to drop And I, which is silky smooth. No one can deny that Martin Luther has the smooth voice to lay out a track with Rich Medina Too Much. The Roots’ Game Theory is still growing on me, but Clock With No Hands is an instant favorite. Todd Kelley and I shared the same vibe which is why we dropped Psychedelic Love on both of our mixes. The track by Natalie Williams gives me absolute chills. Choklate’s Gettin Is Good and Corinne Bailey Rae’s Butterfly are also two exquisite tracks that finish off the set.

This mix, of course, is available on Flowink, along with So Sincere’s, so check it out there also. Vibe with me.

9 Responses “Rotatin’, Volume 6”

1. 21 August 2006 at 11:33

that d@mn Starburst Band cut is a MONSTER! Still haven’t gotten past it in the mix!
    THAT GOLD, JERRY….. GOLD!!!!

2. 21 August 2006 at 13:49

The Corinne Bailey Rae cd has been in my changer since the first day it dropped.

3. chica
    21 August 2006 at 18:37

Thank you for The Roots’ tracks. I wish the group would get a little more shine (and paper) for what they bring to the game.
    Mercedes Martinez? Jazzfatnastees?
    Nice mix! Thanks for giving me the heads up about the rotation.

4. 22 August 2006 at 06:42

I’M SO PATHETIC! I only know of like 4 artists on your list about. I suck.

5. 23 August 2006 at 20:56

You know, I thought I was going crazy, because I downloaded the MP3 and just couldn’t match up what I was hearing with the playlist in the post, ‘cuz I’da sworn I heard some Madonna and none of the titles seemed appropriate. Turns out that the downloadable MP3 is labeled as the 5th mix rather than the 6th… 😀
    It’s hot, though. It’s been keeping me sane at work all week.

6. 23 August 2006 at 22:38

Lissa, I’m definitely lame for that. My apologies. The link has been fixed!!!!!

7. 29 August 2006 at 14:12

Great music as always. Love the selections you put together. Great to hear some good soul music again. I have you as one of my live feeds on my yahoo360 page. Found you a while ago and haven’t stopped listening since. Keep up the good work!

8. 30 August 2006 at 20:37

The Roots – Clock With No Hands (Feat. Mercedes Martinez) that’s my shit!
    “Sittin in the staircase throwin back tears…”

9. 1 October 2006 at 11:26

really nice mix, a lot of my artists are in it.