OSW – The J. Brotherlove Mix

And now it’s time for a little spin on things. When I first met J. Brotherlove almost 20 years ago, we both had an affinity for music, both new and old. It’s time for him to show you what he’s got up his sleeve. Presenting:

Old School Wednesday: The j. brotherlove Mix.

Podcast/mix available here. [Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – Herb Alpert – Keep Your Eye On Me
02 – Lalah Hathaway – Heaven Knows
03 – Fleetwood Mac – Big Love
04 – Abstrac’ – Right And Hype
05 – David Bowie – Let’s Dance
06 – Diana Ross – Muscles
07 – Black Sheep – The Choice Is Yours (Revisited)
08 – Crystal Waters – Gypsy Woman (She’s Homeless)
09 – Body – Touch Me Up
10 – Timmy Gatling – Help
11 – Terence Trent D’Arby – Wishing Well
12 – D’Atra Hicks – Sweet Talk
13 – Pebbles – Giving You The Benefit
14 – Prince – Erotic City
15 – Grace Jones – Ladies And Gentlemen – Miss Grace Jones

I cannot believe that someone can pull Diana Ross, Timmy Gatling, D’Atra Hicks (!) and Fleetwood Mac in a mix without breaking a sweat. Next week? Xquizzyt1. Enjoy.

13 Responses “OSW – The J. Brotherlove Mix”

1. ms. alex
    23 August 2006 at 08:22

**mouth wide open** Didn’t T.I. use Crystal Waters’ Gypsy Woman beat for his ‘Why You Wanna’?
    It amazes me that hardly any of the songs we hear nowadays are original.
    Nice eclectic mix j. brotherlove.

2. 23 August 2006 at 09:07

thanks so much! you got my day off to a great start with this. :)

3. 23 August 2006 at 16:07

Dag EJ, you’re going to make me dust off my first Laylah Hathaway cd. The songs that Angela Winbush produced for her were my faves.

4. chica
    23 August 2006 at 20:05

Is it wrong that I clicked on “Let’s Dance” first? LOL! Terrence Trent D’Arby…good Lord! You are bringing back some memories!
    I agree with earlier comment: this is a nice mix!

5. MoniMoni
    23 August 2006 at 22:55

Uh-uh, no you didn’t!! This whole mix is bring me waaaay back! You did not find “Muscles”!!! LOL!!

6. MoniMoni
    23 August 2006 at 22:56

sorry, meant to say bringing me waaay back…see what this does to me? LOL!

7. Thierno
    24 August 2006 at 00:38

Hi EJ. How ya’ doing? Every time I look at Guy’s first album, I laugh because Timmy Gatling is on there-not Damian, but he had left the group before the release. This was a good, promising effort by Timmy. A nice wink/ nod to LA & Face on Pebbs, a classic track.
    Excellent Mix.
    Peace

8. 24 August 2006 at 09:55

Wow! This is so different and so GOOD! You guys continue to amaze me how you can pull all these diverse artists together in a single, smooth mix. This one is getting burned to CD to travel with me on my ride to/from work.

9. 24 August 2006 at 11:14

Thanks! I don’t normally make playlists with an audience in mind (except for me). I wanted to add some diversity to the mix without getting too crazy. I’m glad you like it.

10. 25 August 2006 at 03:15

TTD…did you know he changed his name to Sananda Maitreya?

11. 25 August 2006 at 10:49

MAHN…you did not put Prince, Grace Jones, Crystal Waters AND Terrance TD on one list!!!!!
    You know I love you right?…oooh EJ…you da man

12. 25 August 2006 at 10:53

**RPM**, I know of TTD’s name change after Vibrator (which I kinda like). But I haven’t listened to any of his stuff since “the change”.

13. 28 August 2006 at 12:38