OSW: The Crash, Volume 1

I had to pull this out of, um…nowhere after the great crash. Just glad I could pull it together at the last minute. Thanks to KB for being my ace on this one.

Old School Wednesday : The Crash, Volume 1.

Podcast/mix available here. Click to play or right click-save as to download.]

01 – Starpoint – Object Of My Desire
02 – Thomas Dolby – She Blinded Me With Science
03 – Steve Arrington – Way Out
04 – Thelma Houston – It Must Be Love
05 – Jacksons – Enjoy Yourself
06 – Billy Preston – Will It Go Round In Circles
07 – Billy Preston – Outta Space (Instrumental)
08 – EXTRA T’S – E. T. BOOGIE
09 – K.C. & The Sunshine Band – I Get Lifted
10 – Level 42 – Starchild
11 – Andy Gibb (with Bee Gees) – I Just Want to be Your Everything
12 – Hi-Five – I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
13 – Midnight Star – Curious
14 – Billy Preston & Syreeta – With You I’m Born Again

RIP, Billy Preston.
Enjoy.

16 Responses “OSW: The Crash, Volume 1”

1. 14 June 2006 at 04:18

Ride or die, bruh… don’t look at the time stamp…

2. MoniMoni
    14 June 2006 at 07:26

Let me get this straight, THIS was out of nowhere? This is a great selection. Good way to start off hump day. :)

3. ms. alex
    14 June 2006 at 08:20

~ EJ: Sorry to hear ’bout the crash. Hot list tho’.
    ~ Thanks for the Billy Preston. May he RIP.

4. 14 June 2006 at 10:08

I’m sorry to hear about your hard drive crash. But this is indeed a HOT mix.

5. 14 June 2006 at 12:16

Those Gibbs brothers always did sound like they had their nuts caught in a vice grip. But they shole could sing.

6. tedFromDC
    14 June 2006 at 15:00

Man…I thought I was only the few brothas who dug Level 42 (especially the old stuff). Great picks.

7. CoachMVP
    14 June 2006 at 21:20

I was glad that u managed to get a mix up. I’m a Level 42 freak myself….(Living it up….the sun goes down). The mix is tight. Cant go wrong with the “Sugar Mama Baby” man. If ya need some sounds….hit me up. Mobile keeps on rollin. Stay righteous.
    Forever Black,
    CoachMVP

8. chica
    14 June 2006 at 22:53

“Enjoy Yourself”…wow! You brought a smile to my face! Sorry about the crash!
    LOL @ Nikki’s comment. It’s funny because it’s true.

9. 14 June 2006 at 23:34

The KC track, like yourself, is just inspired. Mr DJ, you threw together a great mix here!
    Jacksons, Hi-Five, Starpoint are personal faves.
    Arrington is always a winner.
    Mr. Preston… R.I.P. Man, if you ever get your hands on any of his gospel releases from the late 70s, early 80s you’re in for a real treat.

10. 15 June 2006 at 07:24

midnight star’s “curious”. bad boy choon :)

11. 15 June 2006 at 13:58

Nice mix. I consider myself a connosieur of 70s and 80’s music, but I had completely forgotten about Starpoint. Man oh man, “Object Of My Desire” was my favorite song for about seven months when if first came out.
    And it sure didn’t hurt to include some Bee Gees and Midnight Star. I rarely listen to music over the internet, preferring instead to listen to the 12,000+ tracks on my hard drive (reminder: me need to back up!), but your mix was so nice I listened to it all the way through.

12. 15 June 2006 at 14:35

Ooohhh! Luv it! so many faves on this one! She Blinded Me with Science, Enjoy Yourself, With You I’m Born Again…very nice mix, indeed!

13. 15 June 2006 at 23:51

Loved the added addition of Billy Preston (RIP) Nice inclusion into the old school fold my man. Nice job as usual…!

14. 16 June 2006 at 12:26

OMG!!!! i have been looking for that starpoint song “Object of my Desire” for awhile!! i remember being a freshman in high school and singing that song about not only some senior dude but also one of my best friends (yep, a girl…boy i shoulda known i had the gay. lol). Wow, i love that song!

15. icecole
    17 June 2006 at 11:42

This is too too too funky! Too bad I’m listening to this at work. I need to get up and dance to this.

16. 19 June 2006 at 13:23

why am i always late ova here!!?!?
    I still need to listen to the whole thing! I’m stuck on Hi-Five!!!!!