OSW: Post SXSW

Alright, I’m just getting back from vacation, and I’m trying to collect my thoughts. This was a phenomenal vacation, and I need to get my thoughts together and catch up in the workplace. SXSW was so good and the people were so phenomenal that this was the best time I’ve had in quite some time. Meanwhile, let me drop something on you while I get my mind together:

Old School Wednesday : Post SXSW.

01 – Leon Haywood – Don’t Push It Don’t Force It
02 – Stacy Lattisaw – Dynamite!
03 – Gladys Knight and the Pips – Save The Overtime For Me
04 – Cashmere – Do It Any Way You Wanna
05 – Zapp and Roger Troutman – Heartbreaker
06 – Starpoint – I Just Want To Be Your Lover
07 – Skyy – Here’s To You
08 – Vaughn Mason & Crew – Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll
09 – Jesse Johnson – Can You Help Me
10 – Quincy Jones – The Dude
11 – Faze-O – Riding High
12 – George Benson – I Just Want to Hang Around You
13 – 52nd Street – Children Of The Night
14 – Melba Moore – Falling

Bonus round: Name the mastermind behind Save The Overtime For Me.

Enjoy.

19 Responses “OSW: Post SXSW”

1. MoniMoni
    15 March 2006 at 08:05

OSW does it again! I was looking for Q’s the Dude CD this weekend! I can’t remember when was the last time I heard “Don’t Push It, Don’t Force it”, and George Benson’s “I Just Want to Hang Around You”..Classic! I’m starting my Wednesday morning off right!
    Oh, I believe the mastermind for “Save the Overtime” was Leon Sylvers. I think that’s from the “Visions” album

2. ms. alex
    15 March 2006 at 08:51

‘Can U Help Me’ was my jam! My boyf (now husband) & I loved his album (although almost no one else did). Our album is scratched and we can’t play it now, but I am hitting repeat on this one!! Thx.

3. 15 March 2006 at 10:12

EJ…you done did it now!! LOL Thanks for taking me back with that Melba Moore song. *memories like the corner of my mind….*

4. 15 March 2006 at 10:18

*cues up voicebox*
    Somebody somewhere told me this about you baby………..Heartbreaker

5. 15 March 2006 at 10:40

Just finished listening to your OSW…too sweet!

6. Thierno
    15 March 2006 at 11:39

Welcome back, EJ. How come u didn’t swing by Houston on your way back – LOL
    I told u your blog is ‘edutainment’. I always thought/ assumed ‘Save the overtime’ was a Kashif production. Now I know better, thanks to the folks who constantly share their knowledge of music in general. I appreciate it. Oh, and it goes without saying that I enjoyed this week’s set as well.
    Peace

7. 15 March 2006 at 11:42

Moni is the winna, winna, winna! Master-producer Leon Sylvers is the man behind the Gladys Knight track. A brilliant piece, if I say so myself.
    But I’m loving the Skyy, Quincy Jones, and Melba Moore tracks today.
    Well done, Eric. And welcome home.

8. 15 March 2006 at 14:06

Welcome back EJ!
    Jesse Johnson, Faze-O (where did you find that!?!?), Benson, Skyy, and Gladys all conjure wonderful memories.
    “I Just Want To Hang Around You” is one of a handful of songs that always remind me of a very special lady. Damn, you got me reminiscing.
    Thanks for another excellent mix!

9. 15 March 2006 at 15:04

I’m definitely feelin this one kid.

10. 15 March 2006 at 15:24

You’re taking back… Great mix!
    Peace…

11. 15 March 2006 at 16:27

I’m still *flailing*…
    *giggles*

12. chica
    15 March 2006 at 21:21

“Can You Help Me” is one of my favorite tracks! Jesse can perform magic with a guitar! I honestly think that his skills kept Prince on point.
    Jesse and Alexander O’Neal are number one on my list of favorites. Thanks!

13. 16 March 2006 at 09:42

dang… that was two phenomenals in a row. i guess you had fun at SXSW too then :-).

14. 16 March 2006 at 12:26

Can You Help Me? The Dude? Oh my God…I have done nothing else this morning but listen to these two cuts. You know I ::heart:: you, EJ. Lovin’ this one!

15. 17 March 2006 at 09:55

What’s sick about this is E knows i use to have a si ck obsession with Stacy Lattisaw back in the day!!!
    HA HA!! And there’s the ‘pink one’. Jesse Johnson. Man, you should’a rocked “I Want My Girl”, the stupidest love song ever. “Can You Help Me” was the ish, though!
    And Wifey’s gonna like the assist from George Benson.
    Bangin’!!

16. 20 March 2006 at 11:41

Oh EJ! *bowin’ down, giving da dj EJ mad props* you got Ridin High on here! OH.MY.GAWD! That is one of my all-time favorite Roller Skating jams…sadly enough I never knew the artists’ name, but baby I can MOVE sumthin on a roller rink to this one!! Whew, I cannot sit still LOLOLOL
    Thanks for making my day, yet again :)

17. 20 March 2006 at 11:43

And yanno what, I won’t even get started on Jesse Johnson. I had posters of that dude all over my walls growing up. Talk about real.men.wear.PINK!! LMAO This cut and Free World are my two Jesse Johnson Revue faves…
    Okay, done typing LOL LUV YA EJ :)

18. Lee
    27 March 2006 at 12:49

“I’m the new fool in town and my beat’s laid down by…EJ” Thanks for hollarin’ back at me my brother! Loyal til I die! The cut that made me bang on the door to get into the community is definitely “Do It Any Way You Wanna.” If you know Cashmere, you are the REAL DEAL. Look for the Big Daddy folder on slipback.

19. Big Daddy