OSW: Back In The Day, Volume 2

Welcoming you into February with:

Old School Wednesday : Back In The Day, Volume 2.

01 – McFadden & Whitehead – Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now
02 – Kool & The Gang – Big Fun
03 – Sister Sledge – B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Baby)
04 – Jermaine Jackson – Let Me Tickle Your Fancy
05 – Cameo – Back and Forth
06 – Cheryl Lynn – Encore
07 – Toto – Georgy Porgy
08 – Heatwave – Gangsters of the Groove
09 – Mtume – Would You Like To (Fool Around)
10 – The Gap Band – Outstanding
11 – Loose Ends – Choose Me
12 – Michael Jackson – Girlfriend
13 – Bobby Caldwell – My Flame
14 – Change – Say You Love Me Again

Mc Fadden Whitehead Coretta Scott King
The first track, Ain’t No Stopping Us Now, was pulled out in rememberence of Gene McFadden, one half of the duo of McFadden & Whitehead, who died this week. Also, let’s not forget Coretta Scott King, who has also passed. May they both rest in peace. Enjoy.

13 Responses “OSW: Back In The Day, Volume 2”

1. 1 February 2006 at 00:31

Gotta love living on the west coast where, at 9:23pm on Tuesday evening, the Wednesday Old School mix has already been posted.
    The news of Gene McFadden saddens me. “Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now” is one of the ten best R&B singles of all time, in my opinion.
    “Georgy Porgy” by Toto proves why the group was so underestimated back in the days before “Toto IV.” Excellent track. The Pocarro brothers, David Paich, and the rest of the band were true masters.
    “Let Me Tickle Your Fancy.” In 1982, when I was 16, a new Top 40 station in Chicago called WBBM (B96) played the song to death. Who’d have thunk it: A “duet” (of sorts) between Jermaine Jackson and Devo reaching number 18 on the Billboard Hot 100!?
    Yet again Master Flavors…another gem!

2. 1 February 2006 at 00:49

Wow! You did not just pull out “BYOB!” I don’t think I know anyone else who liked that song.
    Man, another excellent mix!

3. 1 February 2006 at 08:50

Yes EJ, That Bobby Caldwell joint is one of my favorites, along with Mtume, Gap Band & Cameo…You did your thing dog!
    I wouldn’t expect anything less!!
    Peace

4. 1 February 2006 at 10:54

Hey now, we get a double dose of Cheryl Lynn today. Solo and on the hook of the Toto cut.

5. 1 February 2006 at 13:48

Wow! Both are gone now. I used to love that song. Still love that song. “Ain’t no stoppin’ us now. . . .”

6. 1 February 2006 at 18:02

Ok…just playing this now…because not only did I trip and fall into some sexy this past year. I tripped and fell into a BUSTED A** job!
    Girlfriend: Michael…a CLASSIC.
    Back and Forth: visions of red crotch cups run through my head *shivers with disgust*
    Encore: an obvious favorite of mine…

7. 2 February 2006 at 00:44

EJ Flavors! Thanks! A Terrific way to rock into Black History Month! As usual We enjoy the music!

8. 3 February 2006 at 12:45

Toto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. 4 February 2006 at 13:46

OH, HELL TO DA NAW! YOU DID NOT JUST DROP “GIRLFRIEND” ON US!!! DIDN’T I TELL YOU TO RATION THIS ISH OUT TO HEADS!!!?
    See, now you unleashing my inner-Whitney!

10. 6 February 2006 at 18:43

nice drop mr flavors. you gotta give up your day job fe real. Hey some Atlantic star “secret lovers”? for valentine’s
    Coretta’s passing touched me. she left a legacy that will always be remembered. RIP

11. 7 February 2006 at 13:25

I should have dropped you a note a long time ago since I’ve been enjoying this spot as often as I do. Keep on, keepin on!

12. 7 February 2006 at 23:20

Thanks for sharing the info about Gene McFadden. I hadn’t heard this sad news. RIP

13. diego
    25 March 2006 at 22:28

just had to big you up. my first time here, but these jams bring back mad good memories. keep doing your thing. i’ve already passed it on and will hip more people. one.