OSW: New Wave

Xquizzyt1 thought a new
wave vibe was essential for the start of autumn, so here we go:

Old
School Wednesday: New Wave.

01 – Kano – I’m Ready
12 – Madness – Our House
13 – Tommy TuTone – 867-5309
14 – Duran Duran – Hungry Like The Wolf
15 – Men Without Hats – Safety Dance
16 – J Geils Band – Centerfold
17 – Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight

For those who haven’t picked up to the old school vibe from last year
similar to this mix, Euro
Groovin, Volume I
and Euro
Groovin’ Volume II
are still around for your listening pleasure, with only
a few duplicates. Enjoy.

19 Responses “OSW: New Wave”

1. 7 September 2005 at 04:09

hey EJ! *waving* the only person I know on the list is Phil Collins but I do know about the ‘genre’ I like this mix…flows well.

2. 7 September 2005 at 07:45

LOVE this mix!! Thomas Dolby? Duran Duran?! Loving it!! Of course after listening to Safety Dance I am ready to watch Pauly Shore in Biodome…Lady X, we think too much alike – it’s kinda spooky…

3. 7 September 2005 at 08:33

This radio blog makes me wanna break out and wear some Chic jeans, an Izod shirt, leg warmers, LA Gears, bangle bracelets and crimp my hair.

4. 7 September 2005 at 10:00

I never listened to this music…
    “Be Near Me?” Who the hell is ABC? And why the hell didn’t you use the “Billionaire” remix? If you nead it, I got it in my….
    …uh… I mean….
    …I don’t listen to this music…

5. 7 September 2005 at 10:02

“Do the saftey daaaaance!!! Do the safety dance…”
    Now that’s wrong on so many levels…

6. 7 September 2005 at 13:51

That was a great list..

7. Qamar
    7 September 2005 at 14:11

Talk about a triple bonus! Three great new wave mixes in one day!
    I love, love, LOVE “Twilight World!” It is one of the best recordings I’ve ever heard. Corinne Drewery is a goddess!
    Naked Eyes! Kano! ABC! They all take me back… Thank God my boss is out of town because I aint getting sh*t done today!
    Thanks again!

8. 7 September 2005 at 14:16

Holy cow! This is my kind of list!

9. 7 September 2005 at 19:07

Lovin the whole thing you guys… U know how I get down!
    *shuffling my feet*
    when do i gets one? lol
    good work yall

10. 7 September 2005 at 20:46

Regarding “In the Air Tonight…”
    All I want to know my Love, is…
    Did you put on your pastel colored suit, white t-shirt, huaraches and no socks…ala Crockett and Tubbs?

11. 8 September 2005 at 00:00

You know what’s weird? I think I love “Cars” more these days than I did in the 80s. I listen to it at least once a week.
    Oh yeah, I have CDs for you guys.

12. 8 September 2005 at 02:17

thanks so much for dropping in my lil ole blog, cool to see the infamous EJ flavors visit!

13. 8 September 2005 at 08:34

ROFLMAO@ Todd Kelley.. you got me on that question, I didn’t put that song on there. I’ve never heard it in my life. ROFLMAO… so you got me… I guess EJ made some tweaks to my list. Maybe substitutes for the repeats??? *shrug*
    =))) *doing that stupid white girl dance that Courtney Cox did on the stage with Bruce Springsteen*

14. 8 September 2005 at 08:38

Todd, I think that song was SUPPOSED to be The Look of Love… which I DID include… but maybe there was an error with the download, or EJ subbed that song instead cuz The Look of Love was used already in another mix??? LOL Not sure. =)))

15. 8 September 2005 at 08:49

I actually did have to make some of those changes. Some of them wouldn’t convert and iTunes was even hating on me, they wouldn’t play. No worries, we’ve got most of it.

16. 8 September 2005 at 09:41

thanks ej for checking on me and thanks for calling off the national guard :)
    i have to go through my cd’s and find duran duran i was just listening to phil collins the other day and i can’t believe my 8 yr old loves him, guess like mother like daughter.
    take care.

17. 8 September 2005 at 16:43

I have to be honest.. when I first saw this playlist, I was like “WTF?!” But after listening to it for a bit, I realized (“I’ve got to run away!”) I know every song on this list.. (“..get away!”)
    You’ve surprised me again, bruh.. do ya damn thing..

18. 10 September 2005 at 13:26

don this is a cool list. this takes me right back to saturday afternoons, in the 80s, watching “Top Of the Pops” on BBC. memories.
    No culture club? No Rick Ashley? No Five Star? c’mon dude 😉

19. Kenna Odeghe
    9 February 2006 at 00:46

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING KANO ON THIS LIST!!! I have been looking for KANO online for months!!! God Bless You!!!