OSW: The Cancer Ladies

Two Cancerian women just had birthdays – this
one
, and that
one
. So I asked ’em both to come up with a list of tunes they would want
to hear. Have you ever seen two women born in the month of July so excited?

Old
School Wednesday: The Cancer Ladies.

01 – Stevie Wonder – Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing
10 – Tom Browne – Funkin For Jamaica
11 – Chaka Khan – I Know You, I Live You
12 – Ray Parker Junior & Raydio – You Can’t Change That
13 – Miki Howard – Baby Be Mine
14 – Phyllis Hyman – You Know How To Love Me
15 – Rick James – You and I

Love is here, there and everywhere. I’m sure you said happy birthday to the
both of them already, right?

19 Responses “OSW: The Cancer Ladies”

1. 13 July 2005 at 07:47

Shucks dawg. Cherrie probably got tired of me wishing her a happy birthday. IM, e-mail and on her post??? Had to make sure she knew the deal. -lol How about you, how was your day man? Anyway, the ladies repped a nice radio blog. Very nice and nostalgic selections. They did it up right! I’ll holla.

2. 13 July 2005 at 08:55

I’m emailing this radio blog link to my Mom. Her birthday was yesterday. This is her kinda music. I can hear her now going, “Ooh ooh…..ooh ooh ooh,” when You and I comes on.

3. 13 July 2005 at 09:03

YAY!!
    You snuck the Chaka Khan in there didn’t you? It certainly is applicable today!!! Awesome.
    – **RPM**

4. 13 July 2005 at 09:21

Please believe that this mix was compiled with much flack from EJ. Damn Cancer men, I swear. *smh* But didn’t we do it up, Music Man? LOL

5. 13 July 2005 at 10:34

Damn Cancers. Always trying to turn somebody out. YES I’M LISTENING TO THIS ARBY, OK?!!!

6. 13 July 2005 at 10:39

OMG!!! YOU DID NOT PUT MY SONG ON HERE!!!! That George Howard is one of my FAVORITE SONGS EVER!!!!! That whole Personal Cd is just… indescribable. OMG… Shower Me With Love??? *passing out*
    This is hot. Umm… And I KNOW you’re doing a Leo one in a few weeks. LOL And us Leos are not keen on coming in second… so make ours hotter than this one. LOL I’ll hook you up. LOL

7. 13 July 2005 at 10:42

Dammit… my overzealousness got the best of me. LOL All I saw was “George” and “I Want You For Myself” I put the “Howard” in there all by myself. LOL Did you know I won the Gold medal in the 2004 Olympic Conclusion Jump?? LOL *Sigh* I thought that was my song. *sniffle* Hmm… but that damn sure gives me an idea for a new CD. LOL

8. 13 July 2005 at 10:45

I saw you do that too, but perhaps the George Howard cut can be on the Leo mix…hmm?

9. Godizus
    13 July 2005 at 10:47

Well, from one Cancer to another, happy birthdays ladies! Nice mix and Yolonda, leave us Cancer men alone! LOL

10. 13 July 2005 at 11:27

another great playlist! i gotta listen to #9 first! my jaaaam!

11. Will
    13 July 2005 at 14:22

Damn…the Cancer ladies done did it. Got me feelin all good on a Wednesday.
    Ummm…that damn Bill Withers song makes me feel like I should be buying something, they use it so much in commercials. LOL
    Looooove me some Miki Howard. That song especially. Her and Phyllis near the end made this allll worthwhile.
    Thank you!

12. 13 July 2005 at 14:56

Stevie always starts if off right. Now if they would just stop pushing back his latest I would really be happy. Happy Birthday RPM & Yolanda!

13. 13 July 2005 at 15:07

Hi EJ,
    Anything with Phyllis Hyman singing her heart out has to be good. Great list!

14. 13 July 2005 at 15:35

*doing the middle child pout*…I just had a birthday and you didn’t ask me.
    Good list anway :)

15. 13 July 2005 at 16:30

Looking forward to Leo mix ;o) I even kinda claim this one if I really felt like it lol. Loving this radio blog.

16. 13 July 2005 at 17:11

Thanks, Yolie and EJ!
    #14 is one of my favorite jams EVER! I could listen to this tune over and over and over again. Especially when I’m tipsy :). I’ll even sing it loudly then! LOL

17. 13 July 2005 at 18:24

awww yeah! Cancers rock on :-).

18. 14 July 2005 at 05:46

*applause* Happy Birthday and Thank you crabby ladied *wink* for a great list. It helped me greatly with a 15 page paper on the UN and African politics.

19. 14 July 2005 at 09:35

That Stevie Wonder song was one I hadn’t heard before, actually. Loved it.
    And its just not a wonderful day until you’ve heard Bill Withers’ “Lovely Day”.
    You’re my hero today, EJ. Wonderful mix.
    And happy birfday to all the Cancers.