OSW: The House Mix!

06 – Ceybill – Love So Special
07 – Raze – Break For Love
08 – Ten City – Devotion
09 – Ralphi Rosario feat. Xavier Gold – You Used To Hold Me
10 – Bang The Party – Bang Bang You’re Mine
11 – Robin S – Show Me Love
12 – Jomanda – Got A Love For You (Hurley’s House Mix)
13 – Inner City – Big Fun
14 – Soho – Hot Music
15 – Harddrive – Deep Inside
16 – Mr Fingers – Can You Feel It
17 – DJ Funk – There’s Some Hoes in This House
18 – Aly-U – Follow Me
19 – Lil’ Louis – French Kiss

It would take me way too long to tell you about each one of these songs… but
considering I went to college in Chicago back when house music was in it’s formative
years… well, I’m sure you can imagine these take me back. I even have some of
these cuts on vinyl. Yep, vinyl. Time to dig in the crates again! Man, oh man……

Don’t just stand there! Turn it up!
*** Two additions made for a total of 19.

29 Responses “OSW: The House Mix!”

1. 1 June 2005 at 03:52

Old School Wednesday

Provided with a little inspiration from EJ, I’ve decided to do an Old School Wednesday Radio Blog

2. 1 June 2005 at 08:31

Ahhhhhh EJ! You and your “dealer” have done it again! LOL All that’s missing is “Follow Me.” If that would’ve been on there, I would’ve been transported back in time to some dope house parties in the five boroughs!!! I’m usually not a house head, but this was great this AM. I’m up now! LOL

3. 1 June 2005 at 08:32

Um can someone burn this for me?

4. 1 June 2005 at 09:36

“Jack your body, jack your body, jack jack jack your body!!”
    That used to get the parties started in college. The only other song that would have made this list even better, is French Kiss by Lil Louis.

5. 1 June 2005 at 09:38

French Kiss and Follow Me were uploaded, but not included… don’t know why *shrug* but I’m jamming anyway.. LOL

6. 1 June 2005 at 09:40

Hey… Lil Louis Club Lonely is missing too… I know why I Called You isn’t there… I tried to find an MP3… but *sniffle* what about the others??? *sniffle*

7. 1 June 2005 at 09:49

Yes! Yes! Yes! It’s about time.
    *dap*

8. Diva
    1 June 2005 at 10:03

Definitely have to tell R.T. about this one as he’s a huge house fan since his gig at Ameritech. Thanks Xquizzyt1 and EJ for this awesome RB.

9. 1 June 2005 at 10:08

I recognize Inner City. House has been one of the few genres i haven’t really embraced (unless it’s mellow. you know how i do). I gotta check dis one out hea…

10. 1 June 2005 at 10:19

Ok….I AM GOING TO GET FIRED!!!! X and EJ y’alls done did it again!!! LOL
    Thanks for making my day go faster!!!

11. 1 June 2005 at 10:34

I am so impressed with the house music…and here I am worrying about if you guys would want to dance if I take you someplace where they are playing house music in Chicago…again, I’m SO IMPRESSED! We are so ready…Chicago…July…2005…TURN IT UP!!!!!!!

12. 1 June 2005 at 10:55

Okay, I’ve fixed it. Follow Me, and French Kiss, anyone?

13. 1 June 2005 at 11:32

OK can I really get a copy?!!?!?!

14. 1 June 2005 at 11:55

Thanks for uploading French Kiss. It’s a party going on fo sho now!!

15. Bernard
    1 June 2005 at 15:15

To avoid getting fired and having all the “house heads” parading into my office, I’ll just play this at home.

16. 1 June 2005 at 18:51

Aahh, finally a real reason to shut my door at the workplace. Working into the evening. Cranking Ten City and Raze..Raze brings me back to my Bentley’s clubbin’ days! Holla EJ. You Da Man dawg!

17. 1 June 2005 at 21:42

…and I haven’t really enjoyed house music since these songs we out! Bringing me back to the good ole college days…damn…am I THAT OLD!!!

18. 1 June 2005 at 22:24

EJ…bowin down to the master…man…takes me back to the Underground…
    ummmm…how many copies you makin before you come to chi…I’m just sayin…

19. Bernard
    1 June 2005 at 22:31

Eric, you need a pair of sweaty drawz thrown at you for this one… you remember the days of getting those while keeping your clothes ON while dancing, right?.. well, some of your clothes….

20. 1 June 2005 at 22:46

jack y’body??? Oh hell naw.

21. 2 June 2005 at 13:45

Well I finally got in the door (typekey was hating) and all I can do is stand up against the wall and watch yall dance, LOL. Except for some of the more familiar titles like “Show Me Love” and “Devotion” Ion’no’nuttin about house music, lol

22. 2 June 2005 at 20:22

well, well, well… you’ve included some of the best classics eva’ (even the “xaviera” gold single, which i used to loooove way back when)…hey, what happened to crystal waters and sabrina johnston? oh my, most of this stuff is circa 1991, i’m getting old! thank you for the dope mix, ej…

23. 3 June 2005 at 12:55

This list is tight…but while there are all sorts of tracks you could’ve put on but didn’t (Farley Farley, You Ain’t Really House, No Way Back, Phuture), there’s one track on here that probably shouldn’t be. There’s Some Hoes in this House is a Detroit Bass (or Booty) track more than anything else.
    And yeah…we are getting old. But you know what? There’s nothing like going to a set and seeing 55 year old Heads (who would’ve been only 35 when some of this stuff was out) with graying dreads still feeling it.

24. 4 June 2005 at 23:35

Will, X, n0va, Diva, Todd, Singing, Keish, Intellifreak, thanks for vibe.
    Frank and Nikki, you know I have your back, right? Fave- Hell yeah.
    Neena – I’m so glad to see you! Wondered how you’ve been doing lately.
    Bernard…you know there’s this little clause that says I’m not responsible for you getting kicked out, right? Right.
    Honey, it’s alright. I was like that too. That is, until I heard Devotion. It was all over.
    Mr. Vee, you know how we do.
    Lester – thanks for dropping through. I don’t visit Vision Circle as much as I should, even though I have a subscription. I’m with you on the DJ Funk track. I can’t say it’s one of my favorites.
    I lived in Chicago for 12 years, and got to meet people not even on this list, like Jamie Principle and Frankie Knuckles. We didn’t even touch on people like Steve Hurley, JM Silk, The Bucketheads, and the list goes on…so much so, I can easily see parts 2 and part 3 come from this.

25. 6 June 2005 at 11:14

Very hot house mix….I�m in agreement that follow me was missing, but house music all night long! Say what!?

26. 6 June 2005 at 11:57

Not to be misunderstood, I see that Follow Me is on here (I am on Jomanda and will probably start dancing in a few seconds…)THANKS FOR THIS! WOW.. Memory lane…

27. -YuKi
    9 June 2005 at 10:55

Is there a way I can get this onto a CD?
    Only on the second track & I’m LOVIN’ it!!! This is soooooo heavenly.

28. 10 June 2005 at 05:33

Sweet B – You’re welcome!
    Yuki – I’m passing the baton over to Xquizzyt1….

29. 10 June 2005 at 08:48

i got all of em on vinyl!!!!! :))))))))
    gosh the memories!