OSW: Ballads From The Other Side

15 – Jennifer Rush – Power of Love
16 – Righteous Brothers – Unchained Melody
17 – Rod Stewart – The Way You Look Tonight
18 – The Police – Every Breath You Take
19 – Bryan Adams – How Do You Talk To An Angel
20 – Chris Deburgh – The Lady In Red

How many of these tunes do you remember? Don’t front….

25 Responses “OSW: Ballads From The Other Side”

1. 29 June 2005 at 01:11

Sadly (or not so sadly), I knew all but one of those songs. I think I’ve said before that I grew up listening to that type of music. I’m generally stumped by the black artists. I’m loving this mix though. Jamming at 1:11AM.

2. will
    29 June 2005 at 07:30

Ahhh…you guys put my song on there (REO Speedwagon)…I did a whole post about that song a few months back. Annnnnnnd some Taylor Dayne. I don’t know why, but I love that song. Sure, working at a black organization and rocking these songs all day will draw a few raised eyebrows, but who cares? Rock them I will. LOL
    Go Yolie! Go EJ! You got the white stuff today…LOL

3. chica
    29 June 2005 at 08:31

Every one! #8, #14 and #18 were/are favorites of mine. It wasn’t until later that I realized that “Every Breath” is the anthem of stalkers. :)

4. 29 June 2005 at 09:13

Im sooooooooooooo mad I can’t enjoy this throughout my day! Boooooo! but I’ll be sure to log on from home tonight!
    See you on Saturday!

5. 29 June 2005 at 09:15

OMG! I remember all of these! My favorites are 2-10 and 12-19. That about covers ’em all. LOL
    Thanks for the OSW!

6. Golden
    29 June 2005 at 09:23

omg! i just noticed Yolie did this! Go gurrrrrrrrrl!
    Ummm these are my favs!
    13 – Cyndi Lauper – Time After Time
    14 – Simply Red – Holding Back The Years
    17 – Rod Stewart – The Way You Look Tonight
    18 – The Police – Every Breath You Take
    19 – Bryan Adams – How Do You Talk To An Angel
    20 – Chris Deburgh – The Lady In Red
    Ummm..so can i get a copy of this on Saturday? THANKS!

7. Jen
    29 June 2005 at 09:45

This mix makes me want to flip my hair and feather my bangs…ah the memories, good times. Good stuff.

8. 29 June 2005 at 09:52

If I didnt know better I would say Yolie is in LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE.
    LMAO great list.

9. 29 June 2005 at 10:05

Man i was gonna start trippin’ on you about this list, until i realized i own more than half of these songs… and probably want the rest!
    Man, I use to rock that Billy Bera joint.
    Once again, you brought the hotness… from the other side!!!

10. 29 June 2005 at 11:07

i remember all of them! i esp love #12! aww!

11. 29 June 2005 at 11:27

this osw is total hotness… wow – it’s really taking me back to… to… high hair… big shirts with big fat belts cinching them at the waist. i had these lil boots w/fringes ~ you couldn’t tell me i wasn’t cute! LOL hmmm… it’s making me feel OLD now that i think about it. (i guess that’s what old school wednesday is all about huh?! LOL)

12. 29 June 2005 at 12:11

And to think, all I had to do was revoke my own black card to do this. LMAO Once again, EJ, thanks, it was an honor to do this.

13. 29 June 2005 at 12:35

Ah, how many times have I heard At This Moment. It used to be a staple on Family Ties.
    Take My Breath Away reminded me instantly of that love scene in Top Gun when Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis kissed and left that long spit trail from lip to lip. LOL!!

14. 29 June 2005 at 13:11

I am so embarrassed to be half white.

15. 29 June 2005 at 15:56

*embracing my other half*
    I love love love it!
    i own half of these songs too. *smh* lol

16. Sun
    29 June 2005 at 22:51

I remember every.single.one of these…Total Eclipse was my song…
    So, you gonna have an extra suitcase for all of those dubs you have to bring with you?
    Thanks for being the first to make me feel better.
    see ya soon!

17. 29 June 2005 at 23:13

Man, we had a cool exchange the other day and you kept it real gully dawg. Just keep that hot ish coming. The moon man got things on lock. You know how you do man. keep me in the old school.I like it there!

18. 29 June 2005 at 23:53

Alright, I love this stuff!

19. 30 June 2005 at 00:30

Black, White, Hispanic….good music is good music. That George Michael – One More Try was my joint back in the day.

20. 30 June 2005 at 09:03

I grew up listening to these songs…they don’t make ’em like they used to anymore.

21. 30 June 2005 at 18:52

“Once upon a time, there was light in my life, but now there’s only love in the dark…”
    Now THAT was pretty deep for a 13 yr old (LoL)
    I remember them all (tapping in to my inner-whitechild)

22. 1 July 2005 at 00:52

Hey EJ, I know I don’t post here much, but this is what I was thinking about today. Willie Bobo Neckbones and Homefried to a decent baseline. Then blend in Redman from that CD he did with Meth “I walk like I talk with a ****** up pivot” and then Cypres Hill (from Kill a Man) “I’m just another local gettin paid for my vocal.” Scratch on the “vocal” a little and run the loop a few times and it’s on. And now, it’s time for sleep:) Have a good holiday.

23. godizus
    1 July 2005 at 10:09

Wow EJ! You are taking me bacl to my California days – before there were strict “black radio” stations. Thanks for the flashback!

24. 1 July 2005 at 16:05

That Taylor Dane brings back some memories! lol

25. 5 July 2005 at 12:33

Aww… this was great. I just got a chance to listen to it today. =)