OSW: Tracking The Hits, Volume I

Will, better known as the lefty of In
My Write Mind
, is back at it. Check it.

Old School Wednesday: In My Write Mind: Tracking the Hits, Volume I.

These tracks all come from movies, which is no wonder why I’ve been subconsciously
calling this Life’s Soundtrack According To Will. Check it:

11 – Jeff Redd – You Called And Told Me [Strictly Business]
12 – En Vogue – Dont Let Go [Set It Off]
13 – Dionne Farris – Hopeless [Love Jones]
14 – Dr. Dre & Snoop Doggy Dogg – 187 [Deep Cover]
15 – Erykah Badu and D’Angelo – Your Precious Love [High School High]
16 – Boyz II Men – End of the Road [Boomerang]

I have this thing for the entire Love Jones soundtrack and the Mo’Money soundtrack
also (c’mon, you know I love anything that Jam and Lewis put out, right?) Holler
at him, y’all. Yo Will! I see (and hear) you!

[Plans in place for the next Atlanta blogger’s meetup – please RSVP if you’re going to attend:
Barley’s Billiards – Friday 05/13, 6pm – 338 Peachtree St NE – (404) 522-7177
Chequers Bar & Grill – Saturday 05/14, 6pm – 236 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE (across the street from Dunwoody train station) – (770) 391-9383]

21 Responses “OSW: Tracking The Hits, Volume I”

1. 4 May 2005 at 03:07

I agree with you about Love Jones and Mo Money. Those are still two of my very favorite cd’s. Jam and Lewis always rock the talent. Look what they did for Janet!
    Nice cuts EJ!

2. 4 May 2005 at 08:33

I remember the Sable song. It was one of my faves.

3. 4 May 2005 at 09:27

The strange thing…well maybe not so strange, is that a few of these soundtracks were way better than the movie. I’m with you on the Love Jones soundtrack. It takes me about 2 hours to listen to it though because I put the Maxwell joint on repeat, LOL.

4. 4 May 2005 at 09:32

I pulled out my cd of the Love Jones soundtrack just last week. That was probably one of the most complete soundtracks (besides Saturday Night Fever) that I’ve ever listened to.

5. 4 May 2005 at 09:41

Good grief, this playlist brings back memories! I hear so many songs I haven’t heard in ages! Talk about a pick me up! Thx Will/EJ! :)

6. 4 May 2005 at 10:11

Awesome playlist…thank ya!

7. Todd Kelley
    4 May 2005 at 10:17

I feel ya on the Love Jones OST. BUT HOW CAN YOU CLAIM THAT AND NOT HAVE CASSANDRA WILSON “YOU MOVE ME” ON THERE. VIOLATION, BRUH!!! But we’ll let that slide…
    Whew!!!
    Caron Wheeler!!! I ain’t heard that in a hot minute!!!
    Sweet Sable? right… right….
    Well, i know where i’ll be for the next hour or so…
    Bravo, Moon Knight! Bravo…

8. 4 May 2005 at 10:32

*jams while the boss is outta sight*
    Today is gonna be a good day!
    Thanks!

9. FaveNite
    4 May 2005 at 11:46

I’m feeling the soundtrack list. U BETTER had put Boyz II Men on there! *LOL* Anyway, this is a change of pace from the mellow arbies you drop and I need something to wake me up these days. Thank U, blogfather….respect.

10. 4 May 2005 at 12:11

Cheryl, n0va, Nikki, and Honey, I’m with you on those two soundtracks.
    Keish, QueenT, golden, thank you for your support. *bows*
    Todd, don’t worry man, there’s next week, right? Right?
    Fave! You callin’ me too mellow, man? Why, if I didn’t have this bottle of Geritol…

11. 4 May 2005 at 13:27

Mmm..this list brings back memories ej. LOL. Have fun up at that meet up in Hot ‘lanta.

12. 4 May 2005 at 18:17

lol@your bottle of Geritol. I told you there was something wrong with you. LOL Today’s mix is on, but I don’t expect anything less from you and brother Will.
    I’m hollering for the meetup next weekend. Yolanda’s in the house–both days. hehehe

13. 4 May 2005 at 18:48

Brown Sugar will be in the hizzouse!!!! Friday only.

14. chica
    4 May 2005 at 21:00

“Hopeless”…dang EJ! Thank you for the memories! ::smile::

15. 5 May 2005 at 00:21

What? No Purple Rain? You know I always want to throw Prince up in there.

16. 5 May 2005 at 01:00

“riding thru the hood with this little fly something”
    “goodbye yesterday, I can’t take you with me”
    And the Sex u Up remix I been thirsty for?…whew boy u got me
    ej..u are on my favs..I couldn’t wait for another mix.. (wow, I sound like Paula Abdul :)
    All my friends who have a job will be listening 2morrow
    I gotta step my game up…after finals that is…lol

17. 5 May 2005 at 09:58

which movie did Don’t Let go come from? That’s one of my all time favs and I can’t place it in a movie.

18. 5 May 2005 at 11:27

Donna…Don’t Let Go by En Vogue was in the movie Set It Off.

19. 5 May 2005 at 15:01

love jones sdtrk got me through many days and nights of grad school and traveling to see the man i had the jones for LOLOLOL
    especially that cassandra wilson cut…whew, the memories.
    anyhoo, i wanna get together with the atl bloggers *waaa waaa* but i’ma be outta town. i definitely wanna catch y’all on the next go round, though….
    i play nice ~wicked grin~

20. 8 May 2005 at 19:34

I just found your blog and I’m HOOKED. These tracks took me back!! I also listen to the Love Jones soundtrack everyday. It’s the only CD that I can listen to all the way thru. Keep it comin’!

21. 19 July 2005 at 19:44

you got Jersey’s OFFICIAL anthem on there… i’m bookmarking you to my site….