OSW: Tracking The Hits, Volume 2

Three things you be aware of:
1. Four days to go before the Kidney Walk! Show your support for my friend KB. Do it.
2. Two days left for the weekend!! Atlantans, I’ll see you Friday, correct? Four letters: RSVP.
3. The three question meme is still open. Ask me three questions, and I’ll post the answers this weekend.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program….

We’re back in the mind of my man Will of
In My Write Mind
, who’s incongito right now. Along with DJ
XStacy
, they’ve dropped an Old School Wednesday back at you in full force.
I present to you:

Old School Wednesday: In My Write Mind: Tracking the Hits, Volume 2.

Will might be a busy man, but he’s not too busy for you. Check it:

01 – Christopher Williams – I’m Dreamin’ [New Jack City]
15 – Maxwell – Fortunate [Life]
16 – Jay-Z feat Amil and Ja Rule – Can I Get A… [Rush Hour]
17 – EU – Da Butt [School Daze]
18 – Earth Wind and Fire – September [Soul Food]
19 – Black Men United – You Will Know – [Jason’s Lyric]

I’m probably showing my age here, but I really grooved to September when I was
a kid, and as we all know, the Love Jones soundtrack is arguably one of the
finest soundtracks out there.

They did it again, y’all.

13 Responses “OSW: Tracking The Hits, Volume 2”

1. 11 May 2005 at 00:36

i can’t get past track 1. maaaaaaaaan was christopher williams fine. he lost all his good looks when he went up side stacy dash’s head though. funny how that happens! LOL Man… I feel the need to hit up the DVD collection!

2. 11 May 2005 at 07:36

EJ!!!!!! I see you, Mayne!! Thanks again for the opportunity to put together a few OSWs!!! It’s been an honor.
    Oh, and consider this an RSVP in the affirmative for Friday! See you then, bro!

3. 11 May 2005 at 08:28

3 Questions:
    (1) How intimidating is it to set up the ATL Brown Bloggers: Impromptu Meeting? (getting strangers to meet up in a central location has got to present a challenge.)
    (2) Can you remember a posting you put up that garnered the most spirited reactions and debates from your commentors?
    (3) Much like your Volume 2 post above, what volume have you constructed stands out the most in your mind as the best collection of music you’ve ever put together and what’s on that list? (I know that was something of a 2-parter)

4. 11 May 2005 at 10:28

As always HOTNESS! Thanks!

5. 11 May 2005 at 10:42

Fortunate by Maxwell was the best track that R Kelly never wrote for himself.

6. 11 May 2005 at 12:34

I’m listening to Fight the Power and I feel like I wanna rush into the streets and start a race riot!! I love this song. It gets me so dang hyped!! Thanks!

7. 11 May 2005 at 13:54

D@mn. Christopher Williams? Yes! And that TTT cut is cool as hell! You still pullin’ out the classics, mayne!!!

8. 11 May 2005 at 15:25

Yeah, agrees with Todd on that one. TTT takes me back to undergrad and the early 90s when they were still together and hot as a group. Loves the Mary J. Blige selection too -Mary’s always wonderful on any day. And I wonder when Ms. Hill is going to come back with a new album…

9. 11 May 2005 at 20:20

Another dope production between you and Will..and not just because one of my favorite songs in the world is on here (Fortunate) :)

10. 12 May 2005 at 05:30

Ahhhh I’m in the glory with this list….I’m listening to that one song “can’t you see” right now, and ahh this brings memories from back then. Thanks! 😀

11. 12 May 2005 at 11:37

Whatever happened to Amil? That song with her and Jay Z brought my husband and I together. Lol. True.
    Great mix as usual EJ the DJ!

12. 12 May 2005 at 21:40

By the way, some of these tracks took me back dawg. SWV & WuTang Clan was an unbelievable remix, Earth-wind& Fire, and Black Men United, and King Rakim with Eric B. Smoking EJ…

13. 19 July 2005 at 19:24

All I have to say is that I love the site and the mixes are off the meatrack…. am so linking you to my site for real…
    Christopher Williams is a go….TTT was the truth.. but you need to put whatever you want by them on there and you have my vote…All these tracks took me back to when I was a little gitl/teenager in the 90’s. Great Music!!! and Great Memories.