OSW: The Xquizzyt1 Mix, Old School Hip-Hop

DJ XStacy, better known as Xquizzyt1
lights it up again, and Will
and I are in serious agreement here.

Old
School Wednesday: The Xquizzyt1 Mix- Old School Hip-Hop

01 – Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force – Planet Rock
02 – Run DMC – Sucker MCs
03 – The Boogie Boys – Fly Girl
04 – Ultramagnetic MCs – Ego Trippin’
05 – Big Daddy Kane – Ain’t No Half Steppin’
06 – Special Ed – I Got It Made
07 – Joe Ski Love – Pee Wee Herman
08 – Eric B and Rakim – Eric B Is President
09 – EPMD – So Whatcha Sayin’
10 – Marley Marl and the All Stars – The Symphony
11 – UTFO – Roxanne Roxanne
12 – Chubb Rock – Treat Em Right
13 – De La Soul feat. A Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, Queen Latifah & Monie Love – Buddy (12” remix)
14 – MC Lyte – Cha Cha Cha
15 – Slick Rick – Children’s Story
16 – Brand Nubian – Slow Down
17 – Chubb Rock – Just The Two Of Us
18 – Method Man and Mary J Blige – You’re All I Need
19 – Gangstarr – Nice and Smooth – DWYCK

I would be typing this all day if I told you how much I loved this list. EPMD is my favorite one right now, but if you ask me the same question 10 minutes from now, it would probably be another track. Again,
we’re not responsible for you turning it out at your job today.

Xquizzyt1, make ’em clap to this….
***Special thanks to Metaphyzxx for dropping Buddy into the mix on such short notice! I owe you one.

22 Responses “OSW: The Xquizzyt1 Mix, Old School Hip-Hop”

1. 18 May 2005 at 07:14

EJ!!! Our “Buddy” X has definitely done it again…but ummm…and I say this with all reverence…what happened to Track 13?????? That was going to be the cut I played over and over today…*sniffle*

2. 18 May 2005 at 08:26

Good call, man! Metaphyzxx came to the rescue once again! I blame it on the Eric Roberson/Omar concert I was at last night…sorry for the mishap!

3. 18 May 2005 at 10:58

Oh man, I’m getting teary eyed. :-) So many classics on this radio.blog. THey don’t make ’em like this any more.
    I was wondering if you went to the Omar/Eric Roberson show last night. I heard it was good.

4. 18 May 2005 at 11:22

crazy thang… if i sign in (to typekey), i can’t post. if i don’t sign in… i can post – BLEH!
    this has got to be THE baddest OSW to date! I am, at this very moment, pulling out my big ole dookey earrings… blunt cutting my hair at an angle on one side, putting on my satin jacket and sergio valente jeans! hahahahaha you really took it back EJ (and Xquizzyt1)…
    roxanne, roxanne… (lawd a mercy!)

5. 18 May 2005 at 11:23

Oh very nice! I like the planetrock to start!

6. 18 May 2005 at 11:38

You can never go wrong with Planet Rock. Just last year, some of my old co-workers and I went to lunch and during the lunchtime old school remix, they were playing Planet Rock on the drive back to the office. We jumped out of the car at a red light and started poplocking.

7. chica
    18 May 2005 at 13:07

“Roxanne, Roxanne”! There is a smile on my face so big that I wouldn’t be surprised if you could see. Oh yeah, thanks for “Slow Down”. What am I saying? Thanks for the whole list!!!

8. 18 May 2005 at 13:29

Game over. No one else is allowed to drop OSWs after this one. Yo EJ, shut the lights on your way out, man.

9. 18 May 2005 at 13:51

LOL…is it wrong for me to jam off my own OSW??? LMAO… =)

10. 18 May 2005 at 14:30

no offense to my Southern friends, but X is a GRIN for real (girl raised in NY) < sigh > I love this OSW. Can someone stop my hand from playing the entire thing through over & over repeatedly though, please?!

11. 18 May 2005 at 15:14

<walks back in doing the Wop> oh, and I’m still waiting to get my House OSW…lol </ walks back out >

12. 18 May 2005 at 15:33

All I need to accompany this OSW list is a pair of roller skates!!!

13. 18 May 2005 at 16:00

This is a great list!

14. 18 May 2005 at 16:16

It’s About That Time Again

So I nearly broke my head off today between Todd’s Redman artist spotlight and the Old School Wednesday collaboration over at EJ’s. So while I’m getting my butt handed to me in some Madden online I get this music meme…

15. 18 May 2005 at 16:28

I swear the radio blog is gonna make me think I can dance again, LOL. Planet Rock and Fly girl…whewwwww, just too much and Method & Mary is still one of my favorite jams. Oh yeah, today is Special ED’s 31st birthday, don’t we all feel old now? LOL

16. 18 May 2005 at 17:33

Dang…I could tell just by reading the track listing that this was gonna be the hotness.

17. 19 May 2005 at 11:58

i tried to leave a comment on another entry last night and i think it got lost…forgive me if i’m being duplicitous. Anyhow, these Old School mixes are so damn HOT, EJ!
    I’ve been jamming…LOL

18. 19 May 2005 at 12:53

Got me longing for the days of yesteryear! Nice job my friend.

19. 19 May 2005 at 15:00

Oh yeah! This is what I’m talking about … Big Daddy Kane! :)

20. 19 May 2005 at 19:19

loooove this set…I know this makes me old but I still think of at least half of this list as ‘new school’, all we need’s a little LONS 😉

21. Diva
    20 May 2005 at 11:56

Ahhhh *sigh* Those were the days boyyyyyyyy…mmm mmm mmm.
    Y’all got me feelin’ really good down in Houston. Thanks for that! Kisses to both of you…muah! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be in my room dancing and singing my ass off.

22. nikkia lester
    24 May 2005 at 08:44

I would like to know if you sell some of these cds, if not where can I purchase these songs on a cd.
    Thanks, Nikki