OSW: The Xquizzyt1 Mix: 70’s Slow Jams, Part 2

03 Deniece Williams – Free
04 Teena Marie – Portuguese Love
05 Cameo – Sparkle
06 Earth, Wind & Fire – Lover’s Holiday
07 The Floaters – Float On
08 Bloodstone – Natural High
09 Love Unlimited Orchestra – Walking In The Rain (With The One I Love)
10 The Manhattans – Let’s Just Kiss And Say GoodBye
11 O Jays – Stairway To Heaven
12 Dells – Stay In My Corner
13 The Isley Brothers – Sensuality (Part 1 & Part 2)
14 Lenny Williams – ‘Cause I Love You
15 Major Harris – Love Won’t Let Me Wait
16 Marvin Gaye – Distant Lover
17 Atlantic Starr – Send For Me
18 Stylistics – Hurry Up This Way Again
19 Shalamar – I Don’t Wanna Be The Last To Know

If you’ll excuse me, I’ll be playing The Stylistics and Love Unlimited Orchestra again continuously. Show your love to DJ XStacy.

15 Responses “OSW: The Xquizzyt1 Mix: 70’s Slow Jams, Part 2”

1. chica
    25 May 2005 at 07:29

The Floaters, Lenny…I’m so done today and it’s early! It is as if you and Ms. X can read minds! Have a good day!

2. 25 May 2005 at 08:29

Is Shalamar old enough to be in this list?

3. 25 May 2005 at 08:55

Hey EJ, thanks again for letting me do this!!! It’s so much fun!!! And Metaphyzxx… Shalamar as a group is old enough to be on this list since they were out in 1977, but this song was out in 82. Sue me. LOL Atlantic Starr’s Send for Me and Stylistics’ Hurry up This Way Again are from 1980 *shrug*… Sue me. LOL

4. 25 May 2005 at 09:05

Yeah! What she said! Cameo’s Sparkle was out in 1980, but I believe Secret Omen (the album), came out in 1979.

5. 25 May 2005 at 10:19

whew!!! kicking it off with Stevie!!! I’m diggin’ these Xquizzyt1 mixes. Keep bangin’!!!

6. 25 May 2005 at 10:27

Aw shit, y’all about to start something up in here with this radio blog!! Each and every song is a banger, and then my all time favorite, Sensuality, by the Isley Brothers.

7. 25 May 2005 at 10:55

Make no mistakes, X is DAT BLOGGER! I’m loving the mix…especially the LUO. Respect.

8. 25 May 2005 at 13:48

lawd… u and lady x done dood it again! i am really diggin’ switch, teena, the floates and of course the isleys??? this is baby makin’ music man!

9. 25 May 2005 at 13:49

10. 25 May 2005 at 14:13

Haha..I’m tryin to get my hip hop on for Friday and yall are blowing my whole mood. I blame you and Xquizzyt1, LOL. Startin the mood off with Stevie..genius :)

11. 26 May 2005 at 03:20

Stevie, Bloodstone AND Marvin? Wow…I love you man…lol.
    p.s- Your typekey won’t let me comment when I sign in.

12. 26 May 2005 at 18:16

This is on point!!! LOVE it!

13. 26 May 2005 at 22:05

OMG!!! This is the BEST MIX EVERRRRR!! You have all of my favorites listed. The only one missing is ‘Out on a Limb’ by Teena Marie. That’s my all time favorite heartbreak/love song.
    Hmm…i’ll be having a party one day and i’ll need a DJ. Perhaps you’ll be available? :)

14. 27 May 2005 at 05:09

Chica: I’m so glad you enjoy this!
    Todd, Nikki, Fave, Lis: I’m glad y’all approve.
    Honey, bring your hip-hop self on out here, we’re waitin’ on you. Put those candles out now! LOL
    Timi – the good thing about MT 3.16 and the SpamLookup plugin is that I don’t have to worry about trackbacks and spam hitting my site anymore. Upgrade and download the plugin and check it out.
    Toshiko: thanks. I see your blog moved around a little bit too, huh?
    Cheryl: thanks! Party? Mixing? Oh, you know we’re down, right?

15. Ike
    11 April 2006 at 21:55

I’m looking for two songs. The first has this chorus. “We have one last memory, a gift from you to me. The final chapter in the book of love.
    The second is “You’re a lady. Lady you are. You’re a lady and I’m so proud of you.
    Looking for artist and title.