OSW: The Xquizzyt1 Mix, Volume 4 – 70’s Slow Jams

Bow down to Xquizzyt1
as she throws it down again. The title tells it all:

Old

16 – O’Jays – You Got Your Hooks in Me
17 – Rose Royce – I Wanna Get Next To You
18 – Keni Burke – Risin’ To The Top
19 – Teddy Pendergrass – My Latest Greatest Inspiration

When I was growing up,
– Billy Paul was played constantly by my mother;
– Yearning For Your Love came out when I was going through "changes"
(I’m sure the peanut gallery will get a kick outta that);
– Norman Connors was played constantly;
– Rose Royce’s cut was always played at the drive-thru car wash;

I don’t know about you, but I am diggin’ this. Dim the lights, light a candle, sway back and forth. However, we are not responsible
if you do this at work.

24 Responses “OSW: The Xquizzyt1 Mix, Volume 4 – 70’s Slow Jams”

1. chica
    26 April 2005 at 23:40

“You Got Your Hooks in Me”! Thanks to Xquizzty1 and EJ for making my day!

2. KB
    27 April 2005 at 01:12

CHANGES!??? Boy, you gonna make water come out my nose while I’m trying to finish this drink.
    Rolls Royce at the car wash? Oh, I get it.
    Man, I needed this playlist last night…

3. 27 April 2005 at 01:49

Now this is what I call a radio blog to end all radio blogs!! Y’all don’t hear me. I’m talkin’ ’bout when your mama and daddy were still together type of lovin’ going on with this right chere!! LOL

4. 27 April 2005 at 05:51

Man, Chica – I had the arby up for 10 minutes and you were on it! I love it!
    KB, all you had to do was let a brotha know…. ya know?
    Nikki…when I did converting this last night I was having a field day, and thinking, “man, she just don’t stop, does she?” *wipes brow*

5. 27 April 2005 at 07:27

I’m gonna love playing this today…it’s raining outside, I have a headache. These jams are just what the doctor ordered. Lovin’ track #1. :)

6. 27 April 2005 at 07:47

EJ!!! Thank you!!! Send me the track listing to my job… so I can recreate the playlist and listen… since they got hip to radioblog at work. =)
    *swaying with a lit match* LOL (is it wrong to vibe off your own mix???) LOL

7. 27 April 2005 at 10:24

I humbly succumb to the fierceness that is this arby. OH. MY. LORD. EVERY. TRACK. IS. STELLAR. OK?!!!
    X & EJ – this jawn is the truth, and I’m addicted like a crackhead.
    < shakin & feenin’ > so when did y’all say you’re gonna collab again? lol

8. 27 April 2005 at 10:51

Oh, man, ya’ll just keep doing it. This is the ish. X, you the woman. And Me and Mrs. Jones. Yes, lawd! You Got Your Hooks in Me. I can’t take it. I’m in 70s heaven.

9. 27 April 2005 at 12:13

..see you all are trying to have me get absolutely NOTHING done at work today..LOL
    This list is HOT!!

10. 27 April 2005 at 12:14

Lol…I remember my cousin in-law singing ‘I’m so Proud’ to my cousin at their wedding. You would have thought he was a superstar the way he got into it. It was beautiful.
    Just seeing Angela Bofil ‘I try’ on your list makes me wanna cry. That was my official break up song in the 80’s and early 90’s. I saw her in concert once and it was awful. She sang ‘I Try’ and started crying. Black mascara ran down her face making her look hideous. The entire audience was uneasy and she disappeared after that.
    I’m sure I have a story for every title on your list. I’m listening to Sarah Smile now. *sigh*…memories…thanks EJ.

11. 27 April 2005 at 13:19

How?! How?! On.earth.did.i.forget.about.OSW!!!!!
    I’ve dimmed the lights and lit the candles…i’m jammin’ to the 70s! man I’m sooooooooooooooo glad I played hookie today! too bad the man went to work! *LoL*
    This is great y’all!

12. 27 April 2005 at 13:41

Pure greatness! I’m loving your mix man. Truly! :)

13. 27 April 2005 at 16:57

My mama and dem’s music! I could listen to “Zoom” ALL.DAY.LONG. By the time “Don’t Say Goodnight” came on the hi-fi stereo I had to go to bed ’cause the grown folks were about to handle their bidness. Umph!

14. 27 April 2005 at 17:17

Yearning For Your Love is my JAM!
    *steals songs for wedding CD*

15. 27 April 2005 at 17:44

so are u saying that we can’t sway at work??
    …too late!

16. 27 April 2005 at 19:52

dude…you are the master

17. 27 April 2005 at 20:21

Will, you know it’s your turn next week, right? RIGHT.
    X and Saga I’ve been swaying all day….
    Yolie, do you know that the amount of requests you have in constitutes an OSW? I’m just sayin’…
    Kel, you know I had to represent!
    Cheryl, I can only imagine. I was trying to type all of it up last night, and just decided to stop typing it all and just groove. Still laughing about the mascara!
    Golden, next Wednesday at midnight I’m straight knockin’ at your door.
    Berry, you are absolutely hilarious.
    Sheron – you know I gotchu, lady!
    Dayrell, Kent, and Sun…welcome to OSW. I know you’re havin’ a ball.

18. godizus
    27 April 2005 at 21:03

Norman Connors…TP….you gone make me call my momma! It is her birthday today.
    This mix was too hot for me to play at work, had to wait til’ I made it to da crib!
    (hey, keep it between us, but I may have shed a tear just reading this playlist)

19. 28 April 2005 at 01:11

Completely loving every track!

20. 28 April 2005 at 14:07

OK, obviously I have too much time on my hand and an overactive imagination but why do I get a picture of The OSW Master (EJ) training his apprentices in the ways of the groove? LOL. Great job as always :)

21. 28 April 2005 at 15:57

Man, memory lane never looked so good brah. Very exceptional job on this list. there are some incredible selections in this list, not to mention each song played conjures up some form of distant memory. I can’t compliment you enough dawg.

22. 29 April 2005 at 12:28

Excellent list as usual EJ!

23. 3 May 2005 at 23:23

You have to get the Smooth Grooves collection. It has some of the best old school slow jams.

24. 19 January 2006 at 15:12

To all Majors & Indies , BOOKING AGENTS SONG WRITER’S PRODUCERS,PROMOTERS we are now seeking a Recording Deal for the best of the best 16yrs old Kareem straight out of Brooklyn (R&B HIPHOP &POP)
    U Heard it First Ent.1-347-404-6067 call now Kareem is a star born 9yrs of training & hard work he has the talent the look the skills to success.kareemthegifted.com kareem has over 200,000 HITS
    now playing over 73 radio station the single Against The Wall NEW WEBSITE AT KAREEMTHEGIFTED.COM
    TO ALL RADIO STATIONS &PROMOTERS PRODUCER’S THE NEXT BIG THING KAREEM
    COLLEGE TOUR’S HE’S READY … watch a clip of kareem in ALABAMA NOW!
    Trey Songz Toured At Boston College On Dec1 2005 New
    watch the docoumentary at the hot showcase starting kareem the gifted singing his single (Against The Wall) follow copy link to browser http://mp3unsigned.com/Showvideo.asp?mp3id=33
    we are now accepting to opening acts for your artist or artists on tour. JOIN THE WINNING TEAM KAREEM IS NEXT IN LINE NEW R&B SOUL
    OVER 300,000 HITS YES IT ALL REAL BOOK THIS ARTIST”KAREEM THE TOTAL PACKAGE
    network tv stations
    Red Entertainment
    Mr.Wesely Goodman
    KAREEM HAS PROVING HIS TRUE SKILLS ON AND OFF STAGE
    KAREEM HAS JUST FINSHED THE B5 TOUR &TYRA WE ARE NOW TOURING THE SOUTH
    KAREEM IS NOW FEATURING ON CHANNEL 25-6-35 NEW YORKERS HIPHOP R&B
    WE ARE SEEKING SPONORS FOR THE SUMMER 2005 TOUR This kid has been air on Bet for 3wks over 4000 fans
    seeking to be signed to the major player:
    WELCOME ALL………..KAREEM777.COM buy the cd at:Apple iTunesEmusic Etherstream April 6, 2005 LoudEye MP3tunes May 26, 2005 MSN Music MusicIsHere November MusicMatch May 4, 2005 MusicNet Puretracks Rhapsody Tower Records.com CdBaby.com
    Kareem is feat on over 300 sites
    kareem new website is http://kareemthegifted.com
    NEXT TOUR IN MONTICELLO OVER 6000 FANS RACETRACK
    SPET10TH 2005
    LAST TOUR KID ROCK IN MISS OCT 23 2005
    THE BUZZ IS ON
    KAREEM IS NOW DOING COLLEGE TOURS STARTING DEC2 2005View EPK: http://www.sonicbids.com/KAREEM2
    THE HARDEST WORKING UNSIGNED KID IN SHOW BUZZ………http://kareemthegifted.com/