OSW: springtime freshness, volume i

You all know what time it is. And please, don’t sleep. Spring is here. I’ll
bet you haven’t heard these in a while, have you?

Old
School Wednesday: Springtime Freshness, Volume I.

From the lesser played cuts:
01 – The Jets – I Do You.
02 – Paula Abdul – My Foolish Heart.
03 – Whitney Houston – Thinking About You.

To the jams:
04 – Gwen Guthrie – Padlock.
05 – The Mary Jane Girls – In My House.
06 – Eurythmics – Who’s That Girl?
07 – Taja Sevelle – Love Is Contagious.
08 – The Brothers Johnson – Strawberry Letter 23.
09 – DeBarge – I Like It.

To the slow cuts:
10 – GQ – I Do Love You.
11 – Heatwave – Mind Blowing Decisions.
12 – Tony! Toni! Tone! – Slow Wine.
13 – Alexander O’Neal – The Morning After.

The tracks from Paula Abdul (produced by Peter Lord and V. Jeffrey Smith from
The Family Stand) and Alexander O’Neal were never released. Whitney’s track
was produced and sung with Kashif.

Enjoy it, y’all. Xquizzyt1
has one for next week, and it’s gonna make you groove. Watch for it.

16 Responses “OSW: springtime freshness, volume i”

1. 30 March 2005 at 03:22

Dude…your old school wednesday joints are always bangin. When I saw, “I Like It” by DeBarge, I almost pulled out the karaoke machine. lol

2. 30 March 2005 at 10:36

Aw Lawd.. The man has done it again
    Heatwave!!!! Yes!!! And of course, you could forget Alex!
    Man, you bring the 20th century heat!
    Bravo!!!

3. 30 March 2005 at 12:17

The goddess that is/was Taja Sevelle! You’re my hero. Stellar work as always.

4. 30 March 2005 at 13:04

*listening* to Strawberry Letter 23! I LUV IT!!

5. 30 March 2005 at 13:09

My parents used to always rock Heatwave’s Mind Blowing Decisions at their house parties.

6. 30 March 2005 at 13:33

Oooh, I always loved GQ’s “I Do Love You”… And now that I’m older, I have much more appreciation for slower hits like Tony! Toni! Tone!’s “Slow Wine” than I did when I was a kid and my parents playing them on repeat seemingly ad infinitum.
    Very nice mix, EJ!

7. 30 March 2005 at 14:45

Today is the first day I’ve been able to wear a short sleeve shirt to work. Between the lovely weather and last tierce of this arby it’s getting me in that spring summer feeling.
    And for some reason I have that A.O’Neil track!

8. 30 March 2005 at 17:35

hey mr ej the dj,
    i gotta request. may i please get you to add “I Promise I Do Love You!” by DREAMBOY? Please? I’ll be your best friend?

9. valencia
    30 March 2005 at 18:57

Again with the Alexander O’Neal! I’ve never heard this one. Thank you soooo much!

10. 30 March 2005 at 19:54

Sorry I took so long to pass by. I started a new job…
    BUT OMG! Mind Blowing Decisions by Heatwave?! I am GROOVIN’ here! Yeah…I can’t believe you had this cut. I adore Heatwave!
    ‘…mind blowing decisions causes head on collitions…must decide where to go…is she mine I want to knoooow’ yeah, still groovin with speakers blastin! OMG!!! SLOW WINE with the perfect mix! Oh let me get my wine and just stay here and chill for awhile…THANKS EJ, what away to unwind after work!!

11. 31 March 2005 at 13:14

Sure, throw it in my face by playing that Taja Sevelle “Love Is Contagious”. That was my song, I could have sang that song better…uhhh well, I could have sang that song. I might have even became famous and been Prince’s one true love and ohhh the agony, hehehe. You know how much I love that song, thank you bunches for including it, I’m in EJ heaven 😉

12. Moe
    1 April 2005 at 07:27

Man… that helped get me back to love… thanks

13. 2 April 2005 at 22:52

Bros. Johnson….u da man, E!

14. ray (or rfiel40039) :)
    4 April 2005 at 09:53

wwwwwoooowwwwww
    great selection homie
    I havent seen ya in a long time, just coming through to say hello, :)
    And where would I purchase my copy of this hot mix…I need some Debarge in my life, :)

15. 5 April 2005 at 12:11

Great choices, I’m digging it.

16. 6 April 2005 at 14:36

Came via Fave’s place. I am LOVING the radioblog. I’m straight jammin up in here. lol. I’ll definitely be back!