OSW: The Mackdaddy Mix

I still have to do some catching up! Right now, it’s two days after Valentines Day, and in doing my needed checks around the blogosphere,
there’s a lotta
love here
, and a little love/hate goin’ on right
about here

I thought about it for a second and consorted with a couple of the people. At
first, I thought, let’s do the "haters
of the world unite
" (and may still do it – anyone wanting to hear the
anti-Valentines-Day mix?) I thought about the trials and tribulations of love-
this time on the men’s side – from failure, to breakup, to denial, over to the
evil side, and finally transitioning to the mackdaddy vibe.

Presenting for your listening pleasure:

Old
School Wednesday: The Mackdaddy Mix.

From cheating, resulting in the breakup:
01 – Full Force – Unfaithful

02 – Oran Juice Jones – The Rain
03 – Prince – Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?
04 – Tevin Campbell – Goodbye

To bitterness after the breakup:
05 – Full Force – Love Is For Suckers
06 – Boyz II Men – U Know

To getting it out of your system and just freakin’ every which way you
can:
07 – The Blackbyrds – Rock Creek Park
08 – Whodini – Freaks Come Out At Night
09 – Al B. Sure – Thanks 4 A Great Time Last Night

To finally coming into your own and becoming a serious mackdaddy, from
taking innocence:
10 – Alex O’ Neal – Medley – Innocent/Alex 9000/Innocent II

To the lovemaking professional:
11 – Ready for The World – Can He Do It Like This?

To the serious mackdaddy who knows goodness when he sees it:
12 – Prince and the NPG – Sexy MF

Don’t worry, the mix for the women is coming up next Wednesday. I’m taking
requests. Enjoy.

20 Responses “OSW: The Mackdaddy Mix”

1. 16 February 2005 at 00:02

you need to quit man!!!!
    Innocent is THE cut! And RFTW?!?!?! Get out of here! Love it!

2. 16 February 2005 at 00:18

i think i broke your arby… i sarry 😀 it keeps playing ‘can he do it like this’… HEH!

3. 16 February 2005 at 08:08

“Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?” is a pleasant surprise.

4. 16 February 2005 at 09:04

Dope!!!! Oh man, speaking of Prince, u should’ve added “The Beautiful Ones”. Man! I remember a break via a “Dear John” letter back in the day…I cranked TBO to the max, then flushed the letter! (Whe..I felt gooood after that!) HA! Great mix, EJ, can’t want for the next OSW!

5. 16 February 2005 at 09:24

Dag, how much ground can you cover in one arby? I didn’t even start to listen and I know I have to lay in the cut for at least a week.

6. 16 February 2005 at 09:37

I am SO mad at this!!! I LOVED that Club Nouveau CD!!!
    And Rock Creek Park… just cut it out… you know that’s the JAM!!! *singing* doing it in the park… doin’ it after dark… oh yeah…
    About my radioblog… I want one SOOOOOOOOOO bad!!! But for some reason I can’t download radioblog to my computer at home. Maybe when I get my new one. BOOOOOOOO

7. 16 February 2005 at 10:13

You’re my fav online DJ, hands down. I wait for your mixes….
    A big fan…
    Sweevie

8. 16 February 2005 at 10:45

Awww sooky now! Freaks Come Out at Night! I can’t recall the last time I heard or even thought about that song. I’m loving this weeks OSW!

9. 16 February 2005 at 10:47

Good job as usual. I’m always down with some Full Force (now I need to hear ‘Alice Can’t You See’) and RFTW.

10. 16 February 2005 at 12:05

heh! you covered it all, but ya know what I’m waiting for, I dare ya! LOL. The Prince, you know that’s my man and his musical nephews RFTW, luv this one EJ the DJ.

11. 16 February 2005 at 12:44

EJ! I’m gonna have to call you “Boogie” cuz that’s what you got me doin’ down here in TX. OMG, I love this!!! You certainly know how to put ’em together. Definitely feelin’ the Rock Creek Park…love that song. And Prince? FORGET ABOUT IT! LOL **kisses**

12. 16 February 2005 at 12:50

dayum!!

13. 16 February 2005 at 13:14

That brought me back, great blog..

14. 16 February 2005 at 13:42

Keith Sweat – I’ll Give All My Love (to you). Damn, Chick broke my heart, man. Rock that joint and I’m gone.

15. 16 February 2005 at 13:58

Oh snap, I was just listening to Unfaithful by Full Force earlier this week. My favorite joint by them is All In My Mind.

16. 16 February 2005 at 18:50

Awww, Rock Creek Park is one of my all-time favorites. That was a pleasant surprise today.
    Thanks!

17. 17 February 2005 at 03:54

i’ve been away from the blogworld for too long…still trying to catch up…this is what I’ve been missing????? You’re killing me…Rock Creek Park..oh yeah!!!

18. 18 February 2005 at 15:15

So you went to Mardi Gras and came back feelin’ funky huh? Cool grooves! Love me some Prince!

19. 18 February 2005 at 19:22

Oooooo, soon as I finish with Honey’s list I WILL be checking this out. Hope you enjoyed the “motherland” (my folks are from Louisiana!) Hope you enjoyed your trip. Nice to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there :-)

20. la chica alta
    24 February 2005 at 08:06

Oh.my.goodness. Alexander O’Neal…Damn! That dj made my day! Huge fan of the members of that collective! Thanks!