Happy New Year, my people! Already the new year has started and I’ve gotten
behind on a few things, like my top
25 songs of 2004, like Honey did. It’s alright though. All good things come
in time. Christmas in of itself was great. With a total of 12 new CDs, some
very cool gifts, and an iPod I’m in absolute heaven. I’m sliding towards the
world that is Apple, and for once, I’m gonna let it take me over.
I’ll start of this year by letting you know that I have a couple of outlets
that I use to express myself. If you want to know the real me and hear my voice,
email your phone number to eflavors01 [at] sprintpcs dot com
and I’ll be sure to call you back. [Note- this paragraph will dissapear in exactly
Speaking of taking over, while I don’t have a New Year’s resolutions list, I’ve
finally come up with my list of 101/1001. It took about 17 days for me to come
up with 101, so I’m psyched. Some might sound small, others unattainable, and
I’m sure some of them may even be strange, but what you see is what you get.
I’ll be updating this post on the regular, so check back from time to time.
(Blogliners will be automatically
[last change – 01.04.05 – #15 – added skydiving to the mix.]
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording)
with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also
be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Start Date: 01.01.05
Tasks Completed: 0
- Attend SXSW.
- Set up website specifically about my workout regimen.
- Get up to 200 lbs.
- Get down to between 10 – 15% of body fat.
- Be able to do 100 crunches in a period of 5 minutes.
- Be able to leg press 8 plates (360 lbs of plates for each side) for 6 reps.
- Be able to bench press 225 lbs (2 plates on each sides) for 6 reps.
- Be able to do bicep curls with 70 lb. dumbbells for 6 reps.
- Drink no carbonated beverages for two months.
- Drink no alcohol for 3 months.
- Drink a quart of water consistently each day for a month.
- Ingest at least 126 grams of protein consistently for 3 months.
- Maintain weight of 200 lbs for 6 months.
- Visit Los Angeles.
- Visit New York and go skydiving.
- Visit San Francisco/Oakland.
- Visit Chicago.
- Visit London.
- Visit Canada.
- Visit Minneapolis.
- Visit Colorado.
- Visit Florida.
- Visit Philadelphia.
- Visit New Orleans.
- Visit Washington DC.
- Visit North Carolina.
- Visit Puerto Rico.
- Spend an afternoon on a beach.
- Visit South America.
- Go to Mardi Gras.
- Take a trip to the mountains.
- Take a trip to an aquarium.
- Go out on a date every weekend for a month.
- Attend Michelle and B’s Celebration.
- Attend one concert every month for 12 months.
- Go see one movie every month for 12 months.
- Learn turntablism.
- Be seen on television.
- Balance my checkbook.
- Reorganize my office.
- Save up 2 months of pay.
- Work in a hospice one weekend.
- Throw a party.
- Cook a complete dinner for two.
- Cook a complete breakfast for two.
- Be a DJ for an evening.
- Interview a recording artist.
- Reconnect with friends from college.
- Spend a session in a recording studio.
- Attend a weightlifting championship.
- Contact or talk to my stepbrother or stepsister.
- Visit my father’s gravesite.
- Get a massage.
- Read one book a month for 6 months.
- Be part of a spot on the radio.
- Take keyboard lessons.
- Spend a weekend with an ex.
- Go to a church 4 Sundays in a year.
- Purchase an Apple computer.
- Purchase a bookcase.
- Purchase furniture for holding CDs.
- Assemble all CDs in alphabetical order.
- Update family website.
- Help assemble a family reunion.
- Help administer website for local HIV work and counseling.
- Purchase glasses.
- Convert all vinyl to MP3s.
- Watch all LOTR movies.
- Go see three plays.
- Watch one DVD movie every week for three months.
- Brownbag my lunches for two weeks.
- Talk to 12 new bloggers in the period of one year.
- Post something non-music related once a week for two months.
- Clean up my walk-in closet.
- Revamp website.
- Consolidate my websites.
- Do an audioblog.
- Do a videoblog.
- Post 100 things about me.
- Cook a breakfast.
- Cook a dinner.
- Purchase 12 books.
- Read 12 books.
- Write a letter and mail it.
- Visit my hometown voluntarily.
- Create a budget for a month – and stick to it.
- Go to the dentist.
- Donate clothes to Salvation Army.
- Go to (or pay for a televised) boxing match.
- Become proficient in Adobe Photoshop.
- Raise my credit score up at least 100 points.
- Pay all my bills on time for a month.
- Revamp or unload my stock portfolio.
- Clear 3 unwanted automatic monthly charges off of my bank account.
- Go 24 hours without touching a computer.
- Go to a club and dance shirtless.
- Have a picture taken of myself shirtless…and post it!
- Measure for and purchase a new suit.
- Purchase new dress shoes.
- Cut my own hair consistently for a month.
- Go see a podiatrist.