Baker’s Dozen: Chillin’ Out. From KB’s Bakers Dozen.
1. Starting to work on my 101/1001. I am on a serious mission to get this done by the end of the year. I will not fail!
2. I’m also starting to work on my top 10 of the year since someone’s already done theirs, and there’s other ones coming for sure.
3. On Friday night I let my personal trainer take advantage of my willingness to go over the top, and he’s succeeded into turnin’ me into a sucka! I’ll be posting about that too, because there’s been lots of good things going on since I last posted about my workout goals in June. I’m pimpin’, people.
3. Apparently the workouts are going so well, I can brave anything, including cold weather. Who needs a jacket, even if it’s cold outside, when I’m always hot?
4. Of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention I got new CDs from Nicolay, Jurassic 5, Brother Ali, Hi Note, and Bebel Gilberto. I did just fine ripping CDs and playing them, thankyouverymuch. Speaking of such….
5. Did anyone ever tell you how much I love love LOVE Groovebunny? She rules all, you know.
6. I got more and more enamored with Drawn Together, which is so over the top it’s insane.
7. On Saturday afternoon, I got a phone call from the rekkasto but being lazy. “Are you coming? Ali is going to be here!”
8. And 1 hour and 30 minutes later Ali Shaheed Muhammed appears. (For those of you who don’t remember right off the bat, does A Tribe Called Quest ring a bell?) A picture is taken and we talk briefly about his album. Watch for a couple of tracks on Friday Melodies from the CD.
9. Someone takes a picture with him. Above you see Ali and an “unknown guy…”
10. To cap it off, I even got to meet Laurnea and got an autographed copy of her CD. Who says Friday Melodies is hard?
11. After having a really great day, I actually decide to go out to a lounge. The tunes being played? Everything from Patrice Rushen to James Brown. It even got me in the mood for doing an Old-School Wednesday featuring Patrice…..hmm…..
12. Updated my Amazon wishlist because someone *cough* MJ *cough* told me to.