b12: chillin’ out.

Baker’s Dozen: Chillin’ Out. From KB’s Bakers Dozen.
1. Starting to work on my 101/1001. I am on a serious mission to get this done by the end of the year. I will not fail!
2. I’m also starting to work on my top 10 of the year since someone’s already done theirs, and there’s other ones coming for sure.
3. On Friday night I let my personal trainer take advantage of my willingness to go over the top, and he’s succeeded into turnin’ me into a sucka! I’ll be posting about that too, because there’s been lots of good things going on since I last posted about my workout goals in June. I’m pimpin’, people.
3. Apparently the workouts are going so well, I can brave anything, including cold weather. Who needs a jacket, even if it’s cold outside, when I’m always hot?
4. Of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention I got new CDs from Nicolay, Jurassic 5, Brother Ali, Hi Note, and Bebel Gilberto. I did just fine ripping CDs and playing them, thankyouverymuch. Speaking of such….
5. Did anyone ever tell you how much I love love LOVE Groovebunny? She rules all, you know.
6. I got more and more enamored with Drawn Together, which is so over the top it’s insane.
7. On Saturday afternoon, I got a phone call from the rekkasto but being lazy. “Are you coming? Ali is going to be here!”
8. And 1 hour and 30 minutes later Ali Shaheed Muhammed appears. (For those of you who don’t remember right off the bat, does A Tribe Called Quest ring a bell?) A picture is taken and we talk briefly about his album. Watch for a couple of tracks on Friday Melodies from the CD.
9. Someone takes a picture with him. Above you see Ali and an “unknown guy…”
10. To cap it off, I even got to meet Laurnea and got an autographed copy of her CD. Who says Friday Melodies is hard?
11. After having a really great day, I actually decide to go out to a lounge. The tunes being played? Everything from Patrice Rushen to James Brown. It even got me in the mood for doing an Old-School Wednesday featuring Patrice…..hmm…..
12. Updated my Amazon wishlist because someone *cough* MJ *cough* told me to.

12 Responses “b12: chillin’ out.”

1. 12 December 2004 at 23:10

But what I wanna know is how you posted this on Monday when it’s still Sunday??? It’s 11:08 PM right now. :-)
    I keep hearing good things about Drawn Together but I wasn’t feeling the one ep I saw. Maybe I should give it another chance.
    And I know you saw the Wire tonight. Damn I love that show! I won’t spoil it in case you haven’t seen it yet…

2. 13 December 2004 at 09:13

You’ll have to share your thoughts about Laurnea’s CD with me.

3. Todd Kelley
    13 December 2004 at 10:34

Ali Shaheed? Ah, man!!!!
    Groovebunny? Ah, man!!!!
    Drawn Together? Ah… wait… i’m not feelin’ that.
    Todd’s Top Ten CD’s of the Year? Ah, man!!!!

4. 13 December 2004 at 10:37

Dag! You met the Native Tongue beatmaster and Laurnea in the same weekend? GAME OVER! YOU WIN! By the way, Groovebunny did hook you up lovely didn’t she? Enjoy that J5 album, especially tracks 2, 6, 8 (my fav), 14, & 17.
    Thanks for playing!

5. 13 December 2004 at 12:13

That is dope. You out rubbin’ elbow’s w/Ali ~ go head on! And for the rekkasto to call and tell you so?! Dag! They must really love you there!

6. 13 December 2004 at 12:38

Awww dangit EJ, you’re having all the fun, I wanna hang out with you. And why am I envisioning you having a hotline i.e “the bat phone” connection to the rekkasto, LOL?

7. 13 December 2004 at 13:12

Yay! So happy you liked it! Gotta tell you though I was looking hard for the Chuckii Booker for ya. How I loved that album! Happy holidays! :)

8. 13 December 2004 at 15:20

Dayum, Laurnea? Ali? Drawn Together? The Wire? Presents from GrooveBunny? All in the same weekend? I just wanna know how can I be down? lol

9. Baker’s Dozen: My First

It seems fun. Plus myVirtual DJ said I should do it. 1. I love to “drink”. 2. Move over Netflix! “SL” subscribed to Blockbuster Online about 2 months ago, and we had movies for the weekend. 3. I’m loving Fantasia…

10. 14 December 2004 at 21:44

Just stopping in to say hello and to congratulate you on your recent nomination at the BoB Weblog Awards 2004.

11. 15 December 2004 at 12:18

see I’ve been meaning to catch “Drawn Together” for ages but I never know when it comes on or just straight up forget.
    Congrats on sticking with your workout routine…that’s about to be my focus for 2005 cause I plan on doing a lot of traveling and a sistah like me is tryna get mistaken for a celebrity at the airport! lol
    stay blessed :)

12. 15 December 2004 at 19:40

Hey EJ the DJ, congrats on your nomination for the best of blogs award, you deserve it. Just remember me in your acceptance speech, hehe 😉