OSW: oh, whatever.

Yes, I voted. It’s impossible for me to say that I’m happy. I’m far from happy, and as I
told Cecily, if I had hair to pull out, it would be all over the floor.

I had the same opinion as Anil
had early on, but now I’m just furious. And I can’t give up, even if I want
to.

I echo the same sentiments
as Cecily
, and now wish I lived in Canada instead of Georgia. Like Michelle
said
, same-sex marriages got trampled in Kentucky. Same in Georgia, too:
77% to 22%.

I even have OSW:
All Over The Place,
but excuse me if I just don’t give a fuck right
about now.

I’m sure it will pass, and you may never see the text above again, but I had
to get it out there.

1 Scritti Politti Absolute (Extended Version)
2 Dead Or Alive You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
3 Depeche Mode Personal Jesus
14 The Police King of Pain
15 The Style Council My Ever Changing Moods

Special Notes:

J. Brotherlove provided Absolute,
and Lynne got me
in the mood to pull out Depeche Mode and New Order. This election, however,
puts me in the mood of King of Pain.

All eyes are on Ohio right now. Damn.

8 Responses “OSW: oh, whatever.”

1. 3 November 2004 at 08:30

I’m with you EJ, I’m far from happy as well. I don’t want to accept the fact that we(America) have to move on, but we do. I don’t even want to call him The President anymore. What about fucktard? Since I invision him fucking us more for the next four years.
    Thanks for the OSW, hopefully, it’ll get me outta my funk.

2. 3 November 2004 at 09:21

I’m soooooooooooooo disappointed this morning. The wide margin in the same sex marriage percentage rates blew me away. I just don’t understand why that’s a decision for the public/government to make about another person’s life. Same goes for the abortion issues too. I digress. My head hurts.
    Thanks for the Tom’s Diner tune.

3. 3 November 2004 at 09:46

Don’t worry EJ, This just means we have to do like in the 60’s and boycott. Imagine if all of our people stayed home from work and didn’t buy anything for a week? The economy would be crippled!
    We have to march further, shout louder and demand our rights as PEOPLE! Why is it that we can have rights depending on who we love? We shall prevail!

4. 3 November 2004 at 10:19

I am so depressed I can barely get started this morning. It’s like a bad dream.

5. 3 November 2004 at 11:05

big blue us voted to collect DNA from anyone who is so much as arrested. i’m just as disgusted as i am after every damn election.
    love the set, peg’s our song 😉

6. 3 November 2004 at 20:53

there are no words :-(

7. 4 November 2004 at 17:05

i voted and i too am not happy of the outcome another 4 yrs of bullshit.

8. 6 November 2004 at 03:40

This is the first time I have been over here since the election. I was heartbroken for you and was afraid to see what you would say about all this. I know it has to be so hard and I am really sorry.
    Love ya, hon … and love your selections this week. And, don’t beat me up about Kentucky … okay? :)