src=”http://www.ejflavors.com/images/tryptophan.jpg” width=”90″ height=”105″ alt=”Great album!” border=”0″ />
Yeah, it was a long weekend. I could get used to this…
Baker’s Dozen: Tryptophan
Times. From KB’s
1. Thursday morning started out with me talking to my cousin that lives more than
a skip and a hop away: "Oh yeah, I’ll be over your house today. Save me a
2. Thursday afternoon, I eat myself into a tryptophanic stupor. Prime
can cook, y’all. The menu: turkey, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, yams,
string beans, dressing. Oh, and cranberry
3. Don’t underestimate Prime. I think he has a vat of tryptophan juice somewhere.
Why? I lay down and went to sleep, and didn’t wake up until….
4. …..Friday at around 10. Five hours later than I was used to. Nope, nope.
Won’t be doing any kind of Christmas shopping today. Instead, I’ll just have another
plate. And then take another nap, and wake up around 4. DOH!
5. Saturday, I set about to do some shopping….at the rekkasto that is! Unfortunately,
I’m there a little earlier than I should be and it’s not open. It forces me into
another rekkasto that is open, and around me? Vinyl, vinyl everywhere! (Yo Fresh!
I got TaMara and The Seen!) These days, $14 can take you far!
6. Saturday afternoon, I go visit a cousin that lives all the way across the city.
She gives me enough ham, you know, so I can make it back across the city in all
that traffic. I needed the constant company of the ham goodness to get me through.
That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it. Damnit.
7. House music, all day long…since I’m on that side of the city, might as well
visit some friends who had the music CDs and bottles of rum out. I’ll take the
house music instead. Thanks.
7. Mo’ tryptophan, mo’ tryptophan, mo’ tryptohan. So much for going out Saturday
night. Instead of leaving the house, I’ll stay in and watch Fresh!
8. Sunday, lovely Sunday. I contemplate going out to eat or staying in and eating.
You know what the verdict is, right? Riiight. Instead, I rip all the vinyl (note:
you know this makes Old School Wednesdays easy, right?) and sing for part of the
9. …which results in me missing any Sunday games on the television. I’m such
a sports slacker, i swear.
10. I start my New Workout Plan. I’m back doing my gym thing. Something’s gotta
balance out all this good food! Ciara’s One Two Step’s got me bouncin’ all through
my workout, I swear.
11. Finally catch up with all of my relatives. My excuse? Sleeping, sleeping….
12. I finish off the weekend watching The Wire, and walking through the TiVo,
still feeling sleepy as hell. Damn that tryptophan.