OSW: euro groovin’, volume ii

Last week hit home for quite a few people, so we’re going to continue the formula
here. There were quite a few exclamations of gratitude, and along with it some
requests. Striving for perfection, I had to call in reinforcements, ’cause we
wanted to get this right. I get by with a little help from my friends.

OSW:
Euro Groovin’, Volume II.

Check it:

16 Go West Eye To Eye
17 Sheena Easton The Lover In Me
18 Samantha Fox Naughty Girls Need Love Too

Special Notes:

Paul Young’s Everytime You Go Away and Culture Club’s Do
You Really Want To Hurt Me
was graciously contributed by the one and
only KB. He and Fredamae also
requested Twilight World, and I was happy to place it in the
mix here, since that’s one of my alltime favorite songs.

Cecily and Monique
both dropped their Scritti Politti knowledge on me, and let me know that while
Perfect Way was cool, Wood Beez would be even
better. Cecily did even better and dropped the tune to me, which I had (admittedly)
never heard before.

Phil Collins is represented here not once, not twice, but three times, as I
present two of his singles, preceded by former Abba member Frida. Check him
out on the background vocals and the drums.

Enough talk. Let’s groove.

15 Responses “OSW: euro groovin’, volume ii”

1. 27 October 2004 at 00:22

*screaming in the lerner computing center at columbia when Frida’s I Know There’s Something Going On” comes on…
    looks around–
    love this week’s radio blog, EJ…i will definitely have plenty to listen to when im at my sister’s computer in pittsburgh. :)

2. 27 October 2004 at 02:52

I have been feenin’ for Basia! We must have talked about this…? LOL Culture Club is right on time too. Man I am feeling them all, but Phil Collin’s ‘In The Air Tonight’ is really taking me back and i’m loving it. Crockett & Tubbs, a la Miami Vice, here i come!!!!
    Hey EJ, just play that song keep me dancin’ (dancin’) all night (all night)… LOL

3. 27 October 2004 at 08:54

I’m still confused as to how you missed out on Scritti Politti. Haven’t you learned anything from me over the past 18 or so years? I will now suffocate you with all four of their albums. You will submit!

4. fredamae
    27 October 2004 at 09:05

Thank You!!!! Today will be a great day!!!

5. 27 October 2004 at 10:34

Wow, this takes me back. Makes me wanna break out lace half shirts, the rubber bracelets, the baby dolls socks and jellies (uhhh or was I the only one wearing this, LOL). My favorites are Wham, Culture Club, Phil Collins. Great Job EJ the DJ!

6. 27 October 2004 at 10:59

Oh my oh my! I know what I am going to be listening to all day long. Great selection, EJ! :)

7. 27 October 2004 at 12:05

You’re building yourself to a point where it will be hard to top yourself, bro…

8. 27 October 2004 at 12:34

Thank you for reminding me of my previous Thompson Twins crush. I shall lust over them while listening to Hold Me Now!

9. 27 October 2004 at 14:03

Tainted Love by Soft Cell. One of the best. songs. ever.

10. 27 October 2004 at 17:25

EJ, I am felling ur list. I damn near forgot about Samantha Fox’s slutty ass. And I miss 5 star.

11. 27 October 2004 at 17:26

oh my – wood beez – i got that ish on 12-inch vinyl still. this is such an awesome list – just last week i went to itunes and got best of new order, best of depeche mode and a bunch of other bands from this era. check out style council too.

12. 27 October 2004 at 18:56

My eyes got soooo big when I saw Five Star on the list. I used to love them!
    Yet another great selection to keep me upbeat at work. I’m enjoying these.

13. 28 October 2004 at 00:15

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who loves Scritti Politti :P. I have their first album Cupid and Psyche ’85, and I’m trying to get my hands on their second one – Provision. Heh, and of course I have the greatest hits of Culture Club and Duran Duran. This takes me back to the days when life was joyful. Thanks EJ.

14. 28 October 2004 at 16:26

I see you went with both Phil Collins jams! And you know I love anything by 5ive Star! Reggie would appreciate the Pet Shop Boys selection, he is there biggest fan! And I’ve had to live with that for the past ten months! LOL

15. 28 October 2004 at 21:22

I digging this list E. Phil Collins!! … That’s what I’m talkin’ about.