hurricane ivan’s decimation.

See, now I’m officially worried.

I have this little
hometown
which I never go to because there’s not much to see and not much
to do. Figuratively.

Well, that was before. Now it’s literally.

As I’m driving my car, I get a call. "Yeah, well, Person 1’s house’s
roof just got ripped off, and then the back of Person 2’s trailer got ripped
off, so everyone was hoping to stay with her, but it’s not as if she has the
back of her trailer, so they can’t really stay there, and a tree fell on Person
3’s trailer, so her house is totally destroyed. It’s hard to get around because
there are trees everywhere in the middle of the road….."

To make matters worse, there’s no water, and electricity? It won’t be on until
the 25th. That really sucks. The town is now a disaster area. The huge plus
is that some of us have relocated and can assist. The huge minus is that we
have exactly 48 hours before we have to be back at work.

And of course, a certain
blogger
lives down there and of course, her phone doesn’t answer.

Geeze.

Deb’s said more about this on her post about the hurricane. Major props.

8 Responses “hurricane ivan’s decimation.”

1. 18 September 2004 at 07:19

Ivan has devastated many areas.

2. 18 September 2004 at 07:24

True, but most of my immediate family is without power, food, or water. Sucks. Could have been worse though.
    They could have been dead.

3. 18 September 2004 at 16:30

That is true and my prayers go out to everyone affected by Ivan, including your family.

4. 18 September 2004 at 18:59

Glad to hear the family is (relatively) OK. OK meaning not injured or worse, although being without power, food or water is nobody’s picnic. But this too shall pass, and I hope everyone comes through this alright. *hugs*

5. 18 September 2004 at 21:08

I am so sorry to hear that, EJ. I lived in Florida for a little over a year and got to live through a tropical storm. I would hate to see a hurricane and the damage it could do.
    I am used to Kentucky where we mainly just deal with tornadoes and atmospheric bursts. They are a bitch, but we have been lucky with not too much damage … though one area was designated a disaster area by the government just a couple of years back.
    I will definitely be keeping your family and friends in my prayers. I hope everything works out okay.

6. 20 September 2004 at 08:26

Sorry to hear about this…I will pray for you and your family, and all the others who had to go through this.

7. 20 September 2004 at 20:48

I’m sorry to hear about your family. You’re blessed to have not lost them. I hope you’re able to get into with your friend.

8. 26 September 2004 at 22:14

Sorry to hear about the devastation in your hometown. Looks like Georgia’s in for another hit come tomorrow.