friday melodies xii.

I’m trying to be good and go to bed early so I can wake up funky fresh on Friday.
Anthony David is
gracing the night with his release party for his CD.

Friday
Melodies XII.

01. Ernesto – Soul Creation. From Ernesto’s Album. Exponent vibe forthcoming.
02. Foreign Exchange – All That You Are. I’ve been stuck in the hip-hop mood.
Actually, trying to categorize them as hip-hop might be a little too constricting,
since their vibes encompass nu-soul and jazzy vibes as well.
03. The Family – River Run Dry.
04. Naked Music NYC – If I Fall. From What’s On Your Mind.
05. Goapele f/Papa Love – Ease Your Mind.
06. Caron Wheeler – Blue (Is The Colour of Pain).
07. Loopless – Is The Phone Broke or Something? They’re the second
set that’s been in my head all week as well. This song is reminiscent of Randy
Crawford and the Crusaders. Check it out.
08. Mint Condition – Back to Your Lovin’.
09. Boney James with Dwele – Break of Dawn. Mellow personified.
10. Dwele – Let Your Hair Down. From Subject.
11. Lucy Pearl featuring Q-Tip and Snoop Doggy Dogg – You.
12. Case – Shine.
13. Stevie Wonder – All I Do. Case was on the Stevie vibe, so it
was only proper to continue by gracing our ears with Stevie himself.
14. Blaze – Wishing You Were Here. A little house always helps.
15. Timmy Gatling – Rock Me Good. Finishing up on the old-school tip.

Hear this, and listen with your heart…..

10 Responses “friday melodies xii.”

1. lis
    27 August 2004 at 02:53

EJ! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan no you didn’t come with ‘River Run Dry’ by The Family?!?!?! And Caron Wheeler? And Mint Condition?! I am about to straight lose my mind ‘up in heh’… Love the friday selections. i will undoubtedly be listening to them ALL day!
    Have a fabulous weekend!

2. 27 August 2004 at 03:08

I know it doesn’t fit with the gameplan but what happened to the X-Ecutioners joint?
    I put up new joints on mine too. And yeah, I was serious about that Enya joint!

3. 28 August 2004 at 20:16

I saw an old Soul II Soul video about a week ago and it prompted me to go pull out some Caron Wheeler I hadn’t listened to in ages. Your post just made me do the same for Mint Condition and Case. I think I’ll be spending some time here, lol. Thanks, I added you to my blogroll.

4. 28 August 2004 at 22:24

I have been giving Anthony David a spin and I am still not sold yet. I like a couple of cuts, but I’m not 100% sure I am feeling where he is going with this album.

5. 29 August 2004 at 00:59

…simply amazing. Love, love, LOVE #7! but you also managed to punch us in the gut with some golden oldies. The Family? Caron Wheeler? Mint Condition? I’m breathless.
    man, I’ll have to light a ciggie now, and I don’t even smoke! :)

6. 29 August 2004 at 04:14

Interesting mix of music you have here. I’m about to check this out :-)

7. 29 August 2004 at 11:49

Lemme fine out you have THE FAMILY on CD….someone is raiding the DIC!!!!

8. 29 August 2004 at 14:53

I can always count on you to have the hotness up here. I’m telling you man, we gotta get you a DJing gig somewhere.
    As you know I’ve been slacking on my radio.blogs the last couple of weeks, but I got a little something to unleash next week. :-)

9. 7 September 2004 at 16:02

Awww hell no…you did NOT pull the FAMILY out of the crates – I have it on vinyl – but I didn’t know it was available on CD!!! I tried to download them once but could only get Screams of Passion and Nothing Compares to You. Let me find out you have Prince’s home phone number…I’m impressed!!! =)

10. 7 September 2004 at 16:21

Sorry I’m commenting twice, but I’m SO MAD!!! I didn’t notice “Blue (is the Colour of Pain)” – Caron Wheeler’s song on there!!! You’re gonna make me go home and dig her CD out of the crate and play it. Wow. WOW!!! Caron Wheeler…that brings back memories!!! Unreal…I love this…I’ll be back on Friday to see what else you got!!! –my mother would be so proud of the grammar– =)))