Friday, Volume III.
01 – Rosie Gaines
– I Can’t Get You Off My Mind. The first song on You Gave Me
Freedom, her new album which came out this year.
02 – Mica
Paris – You Can Make A Wish. Off of Contribution
and The Best of Mica Paris. Contribution was one of her finest
albums and yet it was slept on. ‘Sup with that?
03 – Tortured Soul
– If You Want to Feel Alright. Possibly the best classic house albums I’ve
heard so far this year comes from those three.
04 – The
Real Thing – Rainin’ Through My Sunshine. A cut from Jamiroquai’s
05 – Jamiroquai
– Mr. Moon. From the second CD, Return of the Space Cowboy.
06 – Big Brooklyn Red
– Time. He was on Showtime At The Apollo, and is now present on several
07 – Amerie – Need
You Tonight. Now the CD was pretty good, and unique for it’s time. This
is one of the cuts that won’t stay out of my head. Check the bass.
08 – Lina
– Waiting. From Stranger
on Earth. More neo.
09 – Lisa Stansfield
– I’ve Got Something Better. From last year’s Face
10 – Michael Franks
– Now I Know Why They Call It Falling. From Skin
Dive. Sometimes I get into the old school new age mood.
11 – Goapele – Got It. From Even
12 – Santessa
– Nighttimes. From Delirium.
Album produced by Stuart
Matthewman of Sade and Sweetback.
13 – Satoshi Tomiie – Heaven
– D’Influence Remix. From Chocolate
Soul. A mellow drum-and-bass remix. Absolutely.
14 – Blackbyrds
– Walking In Rhythm. If you were growing up in the 70s, then this should
be a staple.
15 – Adriana Evans – I Hear Music.
From the just-released CD Nomadic. Don’t sleep. Trader
Mike knows what
I’m talking about.
16 – Coldplay
– The Scientist. Good music transcends R&B.
Everyone’s got an opinion. Your take?