A couple of people have told me in no uncertain turns that I don’t blog as often as I should. Yes, I’m lame. I admit it. Blame it on the number 37 this week.
37 is the number of hours I will have worked this week come end of the day today. You know that vacation I was supposed to be taking? Well, I’m still taking it, but it’s a shame that I have almost 40 hours under my belt and it’s only mid-week. Blogging has become a luxury, but that’s no excuse.
Speaking of vacation, I’ll be taking it tomorrow, thank you very much, in the lovely D.C., although away from Bush. I’m sure I’ll be running into a couple of people while I’m there. Oh yeah, and him too.
But while I’m being lame, I’ve decided I will be lame for a good cause, and that’s music. Yep, another meme because the cool people did one, and they got it from other cool people. I guess I should really get into the iTunes thing.
1. Your favorite song with the name of a city in the title or text.
Oakland Stroke – Tony Toni Tone (Considering that Miami is all in my head, that probably would be major overkill.)
2. A song you’ve listened to repeatedly when you were depressed at some point in your life.
Troubled Mind – Everything But The Girl (‘you’re like a goods train running through these rooms’)
3. Ever bought an entire album just for one song and winded up disliking everything but that song? Gimme that song.
E.M.B.R.A.C.E – Society of Soul (Sleepy Brown is sooooo cool.)
4. A song whose lyrics you thought you knew in the past, but about which you later learned you were incorrect.
Oh well, damn. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore, by Rolls Royce.
5. Your least favorite song on one of your favorite albums of all time.
Loose Ends – Music Takes Me Higher
6. A song you like by someone you find physically unattractive or otherwise repellent.
Dwele – Find A Way
7. Your favorite song that has expletives in it that’s not by Liz Phair.
Shit, Damn, Motherfucker by D’Angelo.
8. A song that sounds as if it’s by someone British but isn’t.
Somebody’s Watching Me – Rockwell. Fake, fake, fake fake fake.
9. A song you like (possibly from your past) that took you forever to finally locate a copy of.
Twelve inch version of The Screams of Passion by The Family.
10. A song that reminds you of spring but doesn’t mention spring at all.
Lovely Day – Bill Withers
11. A song that sounds to you like being happy feels.
Happy – Towa Tei featuring Viv and Bahamadia.
12. Your favorite song from a non-soundtrack compilation album.
I Get A Kick – The Jungle Brothers off of Red Hot + Blue: A Tribute To Cole Porter
13. A song from your past that would be considered politically incorrect now (and possibly was then).
way too many to mention.
14. A song sung by an overweight person.
Situation – Yaz
15. A song you actually like by an artist you otherwise hate.
Toxic – Britney Spears.
16. A song by a band (whose members actually play instruments) that features three or more female members.
Lock and Key – Klymaxx
17. One of the earliest songs that you can remember listening to.
Beachwood 4-5789 – The Carpenters. Boy, I feel ancient. *chuckles*
18. A song you’ve been mocked by friends for liking.
Just That Type of Girl – Madame X. Aww come on now, you know that song has some serious drumbeats and some wicked lyrics. (Cmon’ Brotherlove, help me out here!)
19. A really good cover version you think no one else has heard.
Femme Fatale – Joel Virgel
20. A song that has helped cheer you up (or empowered you somehow) after a breakup or otherwise difficult situation.
Return of the Pimpmobile – Isaac Hayes