the doctor visit that sucked

You’ve probably wondered why I’ve gone on a blogging rampage. Well it’s mostly because I’ve been hanging out in the house all day – I’ve been told that I shouldn’t go anywhere and that I should rest up.
Now, I’ve got more cabin fever than I think I’ve had in a while, and it’s mostly because I’ve been coughing and sneezing for the past 4 days. I attribute it to allergies, but I think it has to do with a little depression too.
I had a doctor’s appointment last week. This is not any different from the other doctor’s appointments I’ve had in the past 2.5 years. I’m still on the schedule of having to go see the doctor once every two months. The good news? Load still undetectable, the brain is fine (no seizures), gaining weight and muscle each time, and bigger than I’ve ever been. The bad?

My counts are still low – in the 20s. So low, in fact, any doctor looking at them would be shocked that I’m still surviving. What went wrong? Well, nothing. The prescriptions obviously work – I haven’t had a cold in about a year, withstood a workout regimen with a trainer that kicks ass (DJ Swole is still in full effect thankyouverymuch), travelled, jumped out a plane and worked serious overtime. This coughing and wheezing episode I’m going through is nothing but a fluke. I’m convinced of it.
The proposed plan of action? To simply try some new prescriptions (as if these prescriptions weren’t enough, right?) One prescription in particular simply raises numbers. However, in raising numbers, I have to take a shot- and be ready for enduring nauseous side-effects for an entire week- every 3 months. Obviously this is strictly a numbers game – a game I don’t feel like playing.
Most people I’ve talked to have echoed my same thoughts – that I’m still alive, and I ain’t goin’ nowhere. I believe that’s true. The only problem is, as they say, numbers don’t lie. Or do they?
* For those who’ve followed me, then you know what I’m talking about – I’ve been less than forthcoming with it, I’m sure. Attribute this to the ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ mantra. If this doesnt make any sense to you, feel free to email/IM me. I’ll clear it right up.

25 Responses “the doctor visit that sucked”

1. 21 March 2004 at 08:30

I have faith you and know this will all work out.

2. 21 March 2004 at 08:46

Thing ’bout cha.

3. 21 March 2004 at 08:47

Meant to say, thinkin’ ’bout cha.

4. 21 March 2004 at 09:10

Hoping that numbers *do* lie. {{{Hug}}}

5. 21 March 2004 at 13:49

Numbers are some crafty mofos; take it from a math major. This is all going to work out for you; it just has to after all the good things you’ve been doing for me! You’re gonna work it out just fine. :)

6. 21 March 2004 at 13:54

Who cares about numbers?! Take care of yourself and continue to love and enjoy life. And hoping to see you soon.

7. 21 March 2004 at 13:56

EJ baby! You are gonna be A-OK. Numbers are for “normal” people- not King Sexy himself. You will be fine- you are looking good and have come a long way already!! :) I LOVE YOU!

8. 21 March 2004 at 14:28

You’ve come too far to simply give up — You’re a fighter, right?

9. 21 March 2004 at 16:08

Where the human spirit is concerned, what we think we know is never what might be. Let those numbers guide you to an even stronger resolve to kick it’s ass.
    as I’m always want to say to you…Keep on movin’, don’t stop, like the hands of time.

10. 21 March 2004 at 18:13

In all the posts of yours I’ve read, I see vibrant, vital health and a healthy self-expression, too. :) I’m just going to keep seeing that, and seeing that, and seeing that… (hug)

11. 22 March 2004 at 00:32

e.j. the power of life and death lie in the tongue. If you (and I know you do) believe that you what ever you want to be will be then so it is. You are your miracle and those numbers can only mean what you want themto mean. You are the miracle 2 day!
    Peace and Love
    Maurice

12. 22 March 2004 at 10:35

Good thing I checked your blog… Ugh.
    Numbers don’t “lie” so much as they don’t tell the whole truth. The body is complicated and can’t be summed up so easily.
    My suggestion is that you concentrate more on enjoying life and doing the things that make you feel healthier. There is no doubt that you look and feel better overall, so leave the number crunching to the “experts” you pay so well.

13. 22 March 2004 at 12:02

remember when we talked last on IM i said think of the glass as half full?
    I personally hate numbers unless their preceded by $ (dolla)signs.
    But the indomitable human spirit is something that those numbers can never predict. Besides you have the love of many people and the persistence to live…and you will.
    its easy for us to have a postive outlook about your life…but you must have one too.
    we love you!
    peace

14. 22 March 2004 at 14:07

You get up – you make your bed – you carry on.
    Everyday, Baby.

15. Tai
    22 March 2004 at 21:28

having worked in the industry I agree with j.brotherlove that numbers don’t tell the entire truth.
    Continue living, continue loving…carry forth

16. 23 March 2004 at 06:58
  17. 23 March 2004 at 10:53

take care of yourself, get rest and enjoy life.

18. 23 March 2004 at 21:23

as long as God and the universe continue to bless you with good health (of course ASSuming you believe in such things) i say just roll with it. here’s to continued good health and endless blessings :0)

19. 24 March 2004 at 10:39

Sending love.

20. 25 March 2004 at 13:17

eff a numba!
    stay healthy and strong. there are natural foods and herbs you can take that build and nourish the blood and body.
    i’d advise a good homeopath or metaphysician if you’re into alternative meds. there was a doc that lived in the phila. suburbs that people went to when their docs told them their counts were too low blah blah. a couple of weeks following his directions and the counts were up. so it can happen.

21. raven
    25 March 2004 at 15:21

i echo the sentiments of everyone else…keep your head up EJ! all is well!

22. 25 March 2004 at 18:32

You are living and loving. I can’t think of too many other reasons to be here. Keep on …

23. 30 March 2004 at 03:42

Keep your head up, EJ! Don’t let the numbers get you down.

24. 1 April 2004 at 02:07

i am so with j. on this. i just saw you and you looked damn good to me -king sexy indeed. if the numbers suggest that you shouldn’t be here, but you are here, doing you as you do, then just like so many others have said here – just keep doing you.
    i got a *hug* 4 ya too.

25. 14 April 2004 at 12:16

Forget the statistics. Its all about mind over matter. Keep your head up bruh!