question of the week

I’ll make this short and sweet….and please be honest.
I’m thinking of possibly being one of the people who writes articles for Popmatters. This is what they are looking for.
Question of the week: if you were to read these as articles, would they be acceptable reviews? Please be honest; constructive, eloquent, and brute force criticisms are appreciated. If you are uncomfortable or want to be more personal, please email me. Thanks for any and all input.

10 Responses “question of the week”

1. 7 October 2003 at 09:04

i think you should write for them! i personally don’t know enough about these areas to write about it so i always like to see what others are talking about.
    Do it!

2. 7 October 2003 at 10:24

ej, this is crazy. i was considering sending them some writing samples of my own. i definitely think you should do it. it’ll be motivation for me to get cracking too.

3. malik
    7 October 2003 at 12:08

Do it, boi! I’m looking forward to seeing your career as a music reviewer take off.

4. 7 October 2003 at 13:10

Go for it…

5. 7 October 2003 at 16:34

go for it, you write well, i wish you luck.

6. 8 October 2003 at 00:35

I’ve told you what I feel about this, but I’ll make an addition to that: my advice to you would be to be a little more descriptive and talk about the individual tracks and/or the theme of the album more.
    Honey, do your thang!

7. 9 October 2003 at 12:49

I’m with Kevin – in that I’ve given it thought but have dragged my feet – and Donald – regarding his suggestions.
    You won’t know if you don’t try!

8. 9 October 2003 at 18:25

ej – do it!!! work your show!!!
    I thought about writing for them as well but they want more of a column format than reviews plus I cannot take on anymore writing committments at the moments. You may also want to check out blogcritics.org. We can definitely use some more flava over there.

9. 12 October 2003 at 17:53

at the end of the day, good writers are only as good as their editors. so even if you didn’t write well (which you definitely do), if you had perception, good observations, etc., and editor could make you even better. you know i want you to go for it. i want all you blogging folks to go for it. i realized early on, that most people are keeping blogs b/c they like writing, want to write, have a voice, have opinions etc. and often, i get tired of reading and hearing the same old voices. you got fresh perspective baby. jump in!

10. 13 October 2003 at 15:33